TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey anyone know how to time the engine? I have been looking online for a while and it's just not in my bag of specialties from what I have read. Truck is in my friends motorcycle shop and I miss driving it. Any help would be awesome

Thanks guys
Stephen

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Timing on an 05 should all be set by the computer. Is that what your talking about?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I just replaced a cam chain and took out all the cams to check them so I replaced chains and tensioners. Now I am at a loss to set the timing with the chain and cams.

·
1,083 Posts
They should all have gone back in the same way they came out. You did mark the cams with a reference against the head didn't you? Unless the timing chain broke or slipped a tooth, there's no need to do anything but put it back together the way it was when you took it apart.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They should all have gone back in the same way they came out. You did mark the cams with a reference against the head didn't you? Unless the timing chain broke or slipped a tooth, there's no need to do anything but put it back together the way it was when you took it apart.
I had to rotate the engine to do a leak down test, and the cams were off when I did that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Swayala06
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing