TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the all knowing masters on this site:

Since the 5 lugs have different shock mounts than the 6 lugs and the 5 lug kit from TC looks like it has a special bolt on upper shock mount which is why just bolting in some coilovers to the stock fixture apparently wouldn't work, (unless someone could tell me that it would?), if i had those fabbed or somehow attained a pair would i be able to attach a different diameter shock other than the 2.5 like a 2.0? I've found so many good deals on 2.0's and i'm wondering if i should pick those up and figure out how to make things work.

Here's the link to the kit and any help would be MUCH appreciated.

·
Registered
912 Posts
You can always make it work, things are pretty tight on the 5 lugs, not a lot of space between the lower shock mount and top of coil bucket. Swayaways have a shorter overall length than other shocks so thats probably why that's the only option at this time. Depends what u want to use the truck for as far as a 2.0 over a 2.5, it's not gonna be that much cheaper for the benefits of a 2.5 shock imo.

Ask in desert tech section

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm ultimately going to long travel it, nothing is out yet of course but i want to get started on gathering my parts if i have the chance to do so. I found some Fox 2.0 8.5's for $170, some SAW's 2.0's for $25, and $75, both practically brand new so i'm wondering if i should jump on that or not and just get the upper arm TC kit for now til something comes about in the LT area. Any suggestions and what's the difference if i were to go with 2.0 as apposed to a 2.5?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts