TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a way to utilize my bed rails a little more. After I took my topper off I took a look at the mounting clips that is comes with. Rather simple and I am surprised there isn't a place to buy them (that I know of)

So being the plageristic copier that I am I decided to make some. (**cough** High Lift Slider Bracket**cough**)

I found a short piece of 1" x 1/2" key stock and headed to my friends shop where I borrowed his Mill for about an hour.

Here is what I came up with. I can see tons of uses for these things.

The notches in the back are to clear bed rail mounting screws. They aren't all the same size but hey they aren't going to the moon either. 5/16" Tap. I could have went with 1/4" but I see the bed rail ripping off before the bolts break.

Air Tank Mounted

Hi-Lift Mounted
I used a few pieces of 5/16" all thread and 1" spacesr to attach the hi-lift to the bed zero rattle. I think I am going to try something different for this though.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is just a substitue to Jackets bolt trick.. I have too much time on my hands right now! LOL

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Those are nice. For my Hi Lift I used Carrige Bolts and a piece of braid hose as a spacer/damper. Works great. No rattles at all.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Dude - those are awesome! Kind of a modified square nut that fits the lines in the bed rail. Nothing I have bolted to my rails ever stays tight.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Very cool. I'd love to have the '05+ bed rails on my pickup.
BTW, isn't it great taking the camper shell off once in a while!

·
20,355 Posts
I think there is an aftermarket version of the bed rail system provided by someone.

·
Registered
121 Posts
good work! very neat idea. are you going to put mounts towards the back? i just think that to get in and out to get to the hilift and bottle would be a pain after so many times with the topper.
Great job, these are the mods i like, the ones that don't cost a lot of money and you can do it in your spare time!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those look great! I've been trying to figure out where to buy something exactly like them, but haven't found any yet. (I also haven't looked...) I thought I may try to pick up some extras when I get my topper installed; nice work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts