TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying an 05 soon, and I will need a lift :confused:

Is fabtech or Trailmaster planning on making a 6+ inch bracket lift setup?

You think 35's will fit with a 3 inch lift and maybe a 1-2 inch body?

·
Registered
63 Posts
ibidu1 said:

donahoe's 05 had 34's with only their coilovers/springs (i think thats all they had). i figure 35's would definately fit with a 2" body lift.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
yes...but they would rub like crazy...i think they just stuffed them in there for looks since it was like a carshow event...correct me if i'm wrong..

·
Registered
63 Posts
04RedLobster said:
yes...but they would rub like crazy...i think they just stuffed them in there for looks since it was like a carshow event...correct me if i'm wrong..
not too sure. i think they wheeled it a bit for off-road magazine. but StealthTaco fit 285/75/16 on his stock 05, so i don't see 305/70/17 (34's) to have much of a problem with 2-3" and correct backspacing.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
05' lift kit

ibidu1 said:

Since it only took Fabtech like 8 yrs to come out w/ a full fledged lift for 1st gen Tacomas I would imagine it'll be a while before they come out w/ anything besides a coilover. Trailmaster may, Pro Comp may, however, there will probably be a good bit of time before any1 comes out w/ anything that has a substantial amount of lift.

·
Registered
239 Posts
WindsorTaco said:
not too sure. i think they wheeled it a bit for off-road magazine. but StealthTaco fit 285/75/16 on his stock 05, so i don't see 305/70/17 (34's) to have much of a problem with 2-3" and correct backspacing.
Yes we did run 305/70/17 (34's) on our 05
and yes they are a little to large, I did some fender trimming to make them fit
For our coil over kits we will recommend a 285/75

On the new 05 trucks wheel choice is going to be important. The new stock rim back space is 5.25” compared to the old 4.625”. Our truck is running an 8” wide rim with 4.75” B.S. this keeps the tire out of the upper arm but not so much offset to cause rubbing when turning. It may take wheel companies a while to catch up to the new sizes

The problem with going taller to fit larger tires on the 05 is the shape of the wheel well. The curve of the well extends down really far, almost vertical. This vertical opening is limiting tire diameter. To get a really large tire on you need to lift way above the wheel opening. The body mount is also really close to the back of the fender, even after trimming this can be a limiting factor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So you could run 33's on the 05 with no rubbing without a lift?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am the proud new owner of a 05 preurnner v6, I want t lift it what is available?? I had the dr's on my 00 Tundra, but I know the new 05 is different. What height can you get over stock with bolt in coil-overs and what tire size will I be able to run without rubbing??

·
Registered
239 Posts
mxracer54 said:
I am the proud new owner of a 05 preurnner v6, I want t lift it what is available?? I had the dr's on my 00 Tundra, but I know the new 05 is different. What height can you get over stock with bolt in coil-overs and what tire size will I be able to run without rubbing??
Our coilover will be available soon!
http://www.donahoeracing.com/event_photo_detail.php?event_photoID=854

The suspension has a lot of potential for lift and travel. But due to the ability to align when lifted we are recommending 2.5” of lift. There will be other components available soon also to facilitate more lift, wheel travel, and better ability to align

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
DylanDr said:
Our coilover will be available soon!
http://www.donahoeracing.com/event_photo_detail.php?event_photoID=854

The suspension has a lot of potential for lift and travel. But due to the ability to align when lifted we are recommending 2.5” of lift. There will be other components available soon also to facilitate more lift, wheel travel, and better ability to align
How do you think the new wheel wheels are going to do with a LT kit on it? you think that they will allow a 33 at minimum without rubbing (you know the kind of driving im talking about)

·
Registered
237 Posts
With an LT kit you could slightly move forward the spindle to gain additional wheel-base and firewall clearance if the company designed that into the kit. I am hoping that somebody will make some glass fenders and bedsides that have a more traditional wheel opening that is more round than squared off and angled. That's the main styling aspect of the new Taco's I'm not too keen on...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts