TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched this topic for the late model taco headlight adjustment and came up with a lot of info for the older trucks, but not for the 05-07 model. So, if I missed it, feel free to flame away!! Has anyone adjusted the headlights on an 05-07 taco? I found the 2 adjusters on the back of the housing, turned them, but got no net adjustment from the light. I'm thinking that maybe you have to turn them a shit load to see any adjustment?? The back of my truck is a little lower than the front, so I am blinding oncoming traffic. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
mojavegold said:
Searched this topic for the late model taco headlight adjustment and came up with a lot of info for the older trucks, but not for the 05-07 model. So, if I missed it, feel free to flame away!! Has anyone adjusted the headlights on an 05-07 taco? I found the 2 adjusters on the back of the housing, turned them, but got no net adjustment from the light. I'm thinking that maybe you have to turn them a shit load to see any adjustment?? The back of my truck is a little lower than the front, so I am blinding oncoming traffic. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
i was in the same boat...pb2themax help me get squared me away...you need to crank it both ways to see which way to go .do it with your truck facing a reference point a few feet away like a garage door or wall so that you have a line to see where your beam is hitting as you adjust. a long phillips works the best..hope this helps

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OC: thanks for the info. Do you have to crank it more than a few turns to see any difference? I parked my truck 25 feet from the wall, marked the center of the beams, then tried to adjust them down. I turned the adjusters at least 3 revs and didn't see any difference. Thanks again

·
Registered
30 Posts
OC: thanks for the info. Do you have to crank it more than a few turns to see any difference? I parked my truck 25 feet from the wall, marked the center of the beams, then tried to adjust them down. I turned the adjusters at least 3 revs and didn't see any difference. Thanks again
same problem...
did you figure it out??

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
same problem...
did you figure it out??
Nope. I haven't tried it again and I don't want to FU the adjuster by turning it too many times. I'll stop by the stealership some time down the road and ask WU.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GSM: thanks for the great link. I'll adjust them tomorrow night. Much appreciated!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts