TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a really easy question, but what's the best way to route wiring for a switch from the engine compartment to the cab on a 2005 tacoma? I'm installing a set of KC driving lights, and want to route the wires through the firewall. I have found the existing place where the factory wires go through, and that looks like the best option. It seems like the easiest way would be to cut through the rubber there and run the wires through it. I want to know what has worked for other people before I go ahead with it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i did it that way...just take a pencil n wrap the wires to the pencil with electrical tape and poke through simple as that

·
Registered
215 Posts
its a little sloppy...stood up to the mud n deep water with no seepage into the cab

and heres the KC switch...

HOPE IT HELPS!

·
Registered
883 Posts
holy crap, how did you squeeze those wires through there. i tried for about half an hour and said the hell with it. My wires go through the outside of the boot. Let me know how you did that so i can redo it that way, because the way i have it right now, water can get in pretty easily.

·
Registered
215 Posts
i almost went around the boot too...but heres how u do it
use a sharp (even a dull one will work just gotta shove it in harder...hahahah shove it in harder) pencil...wrap ur wires around the pencil reeeeaaaalllyyyy good with some electrical tape...and then poke where i pointed to in this pic...then go under the dash and pull through then ur all good

·
Registered
338 Posts
A wire coat hanger works to.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
There is also an pre formed hole, it just has a tip on it you need to cut off to open up... like where that small black wire with the blue plastic is.. but on the bottom

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yep, I used the preformed hole. It still isn't easy but is clean when complete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts