TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the all knowing masters on this site:

Since the 5 lugs have different shock mounts than the 6 lugs and the 5 lug kit from TC looks like it has a special bolt on upper shock mount which is why just bolting in some coilovers to the stock fixture apparently wouldn't work, (unless someone could tell me that it would?), if i had those fabbed or somehow attained a pair would i be able to attach a different diameter shock other than the 2.5 like a 2.0? I've found so many good deals on 2.0's and i'm wondering if i should pick those up and figure out how to make things work.

Here's the link to the kit and any help would be MUCH appreciated.

I'm ultimately going to long travel it, nothing is out yet of course but i want to get started on gathering my parts if i have the chance to do so. I found some Fox 2.0 8.5's for $170, some SAW's 2.0's for $25, and $75, both practically brand new so i'm wondering if i should jump on that or not and just get the upper arm TC kit for now til something comes about in the LT area. Any suggestions and what's the difference if i were to go with 2.0 as apposed to a 2.5?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do not even bother with those if you plan on going LT. I don't think any company makes a bolt on LT kit for the 05+ 5-Lug. Search Blitzkrieg they might have a semi custom setup.

Russell

·
Registered
225 Posts
I would say just keep it stock for now and save up so you have cash when LT kits start coming on the market. I know from experience that it is hard to just save and keep things stock, but trust me, you will save yourself a ton of cash if you just do things right the first time. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's sick! looked a little bouncy in the rear but that can be solved. any release date yet from AM or anyone else do you know AZNPG?

I keep asking TC (and i think they're getting sick of my e-mails) when and all they say is the demand isn't high enough and there are too many new vehicles coming out that they have to put in R&D on as well.

definitely saving but ANXIOUS as all hell since the death of my 98 mini LT. i have been aching to get back out there.

thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts