TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 05 V6 Tacoma has a removable plug to drain the oil when changing the filter. It's a simple process, but it still involves squeezing a container beneath the filter to catch the old oil. My idea is to run a small hose from the plug under the filter drain down to the oil pan so that all I would have to do is unscrew the filter, and it would drain in the same bucket as the rest of the oil. The only part I can't figure out is what to use to clamp off the hose so that oil doesn't continue to drain for 3 days. I haven't heard any great inventions concerning this yet, just trying to get the ball rolling.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
smokintacoma said:
The 05 V6 Tacoma has a removable plug to drain the oil when changing the filter. It's a simple process, but it still involves squeezing a container beneath the filter to catch the old oil. My idea is to run a small hose from the plug under the filter drain down to the oil pan so that all I would have to do is unscrew the filter, and it would drain in the same bucket as the rest of the oil. The only part I can't figure out is what to use to clamp off the hose so that oil doesn't continue to drain for 3 days. I haven't heard any great inventions concerning this yet, just trying to get the ball rolling.
You mean there is a plug under the filter? Did not notice that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
When I change mine I let the truck sit for a wile or wait till morning when most the oil is drained out of the filter. Then the left over that spills in the lip around the filter I extract with a spray bottle nozzle and hose and stick that in the oil siting in the outer ring and spray it into a bottle. It leave no mess and works for me. just my .02

-Chris

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
I have put a hose from the filter drain plug down to the area where the motor drain is. i just tuck the hose up on the skid plate and let any drippings coat that. I think it may be the only piece of metal on the truck that will not rust!!!! Just put a golf tee in the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts