TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the newbs, (of which i pretty much am one), If you have a 05+ Taco, all you need to clear 34x10.5's is a 2" lift and to add alittle material to the steering stops. You dont have to trim a thing. Just an FYI

·
Registered
892 Posts
Did you take it wheelin yet?

What happens when you turn the wheels?

I can feel the scrubbing from here!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
He said he was adding to the steering stops.

For a street truck, that might be OK. All you have to do is limit the steering angle to the point that it doesn't rub.

For a trial rig, however, that's going to cause a whole set of new problems.

It's been done before.

There's an old C&W song that goes "Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around".

While that might be OK for an 18 wheeler, It's not going to get it for our off road trucks.

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you take it wheelin yet?

What happens when you turn the wheels?

I can feel the scrubbing from here!
He said he was adding to the steering stops.

For a street truck, that might be OK. All you have to do is limit the steering angle to the point that it doesn't rub.

For a trial rig, however, that's going to cause a whole set of new problems.

It's been done before.

There's an old C&W song that goes "Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around".

While that might be OK for an 18 wheeler, It's not going to get it for our off road trucks.

no on the pics,
34 LTB Swampers
and yes in the wheeling it, no problems, they work wonderfully

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Did you measure your "34's"? There are MANY reports of the LTB's running quite small. GREAT offroad tire regardless.

I'm assuming you are unfortunate enough to drive them on the street too ... I didn't realize how spoiled we had become by radial tires til I got a set of bias TSL's...

·
Registered
419 Posts
yeah i believe you can run 34's...the width is only 10.5 inches, he has room to turn his tires.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have 285 BFG's and a 3" revtek and I rub like crazy. Flex... forget it... not happy at all with the set up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Tire rub

On my '06 Tacoma, I'm running a 3" Revtek lift with 285/75R16 BFG AT and I had to trim the plastic front fender liners and cut back the fender flares a little, on an angle.

·
Registered
394 Posts
didnot know they made a 34.

·
Registered
419 Posts
yeah they do, its a rare tire size.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Learned something new.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
For the newbs, (of which i pretty much am one), If you have a 05+ Taco, all you need to clear 34x10.5's is a 2" lift and to add alittle material to the steering stops. You dont have to trim a thing. Just an FYI
The lift doesnt do a thing for tire clearance... and I think I'll keep my turning radius.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
So what is your turning radius now by adding material to the stops?
Please post of pic of your tire turned in...I am very curious
I am running 285's like a ton of people and like them I have removed the mudflaps, trimmed the inner part of the fender and still need to do this:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/5272-front-body-mount-chop.html?highlight=body+mount+chop
That is a link to what Angry Andy did to his Cruiser-it will work on a Taco

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
no on the pics,
34 LTB Swampers
and yes in the wheeling it, no problems, they work wonderfully
Do any tight trails?

Just turning my 2001 Tacoma, I wish it had a tighter circle since it's a ex cab...

·
Registered
427 Posts
:worthless

·
Registered
427 Posts
brinner

updates on some pics?

·
Premium Member
20,355 Posts