TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can everyone mail TRD and ask them the status of the supercharger for the 05. Might peak some interest and push them to offer one. Kinda of deceptive on Toyota's part to say in the press release for the 05's that there would be a SC then not offer one.

Here is the email I got back from TRD when i asked.

Unfortunately at this time TRD has no plans to offer a supercharger for the new 4.0L V6.

TRD Help

"Chris Briggs" <[email protected]>
12/16/2004 04:31 PM

To: <[email protected]>
cc:
Subject: 05 Super Charger

Hello,

I saw in the Toyota press release for the 05 Tacoma that there would be an
optional TRD supercharger. However I cant find any info on it, can I order
it directly from you? What's the cost?

Thanks,

Later,

Chris

·
Your Rig Sucks
618 Posts
The last time I talked to TRD they said that any 05 S/C's are still in the drawing board stage. As usual, they are far behind. There will have to be testing/development time before anything is considered "sellable". Dude told me that it will likely be more than a year before a prototype is up and running that's close to the final product that will be offered.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well they need to make it marketable, they need to decide if they will get enough money out of the slim minority of tacoma owners that want a supercharger. I wonder how toyota faired on the 3.4 super charger considering not that many people got one.

·
Registered
650 Posts
What do you care if they offer a blower or not? The TRD kits have all sucked! Toyota's suck for supercharging unless you feel like putting on a white lab coat and getting all technical with the mods and whatnot.

Brian

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mrbigbri said:
What do you care if they offer a blower or not? The TRD kits have all sucked! Toyota's suck for supercharging unless you feel like putting on a white lab coat and getting all technical with the mods and whatnot.

Brian
Screw you then. I want the option of buying one. I think a blown 4.0 would kick ass. If you dont want one, dont buy one.

Later,

Chris

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
halfxspaid said:
Well they need to make it marketable, they need to decide if they will get enough money out of the slim minority of tacoma owners that want a supercharger. I wonder how toyota faired on the 3.4 super charger considering not that many people got one.

I wounder how many they actually sold. I bet they sold more than you think. I have seen lots of rigs with them. There was a dealer ship that had one on a 99 4x4, and they didn't even know about it. When i asked them what it was ( i alredy knew) he told me that this was the TRD version of 3.4, a better motor.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Screw you then. I want the option of buying one. I think a blown 4.0 would kick ass.
You know what dude? I saw that post of yours on the other board before Shannon pulled the plug and I think you're an ignorant ass. Like Dick said to you over there, maybe you'll change your mind when you have an expensive bill presented to you. New heads from the dealership cost $4200 in case you were wondering.

TRD sucks like no other. When I started having problems under warranty they told me "hey, there's nothing wrong.. it's all normal!".

If it makes you feel any better it was probably my letter to Toyota that got them to pull the plug on Supercharging the 4.0... because as you know, there WAS one in the works.

Brian

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
They might release one later one, But I'm sure they will wait until they have one that will work without problems. It might be a while.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mrbigbri said:
You know what dude? I saw that post of yours on the other board before Shannon pulled the plug and I think you're an ignorant ass. Like Dick said to you over there, maybe you'll change your mind when you have an expensive bill presented to you. New heads from the dealership cost $4200 in case you were wondering.

TRD sucks like no other. When I started having problems under warranty they told me "hey, there's nothing wrong.. it's all normal!".

If it makes you feel any better it was probably my letter to Toyota that got them to pull the plug on Supercharging the 4.0... because as you know, there WAS one in the works.

Brian

Hey Jackass, dont know what your deal is, and I dont know what post your talking about on the other board. If you dont want a SC for your rig, great save your self a few grand and dont buy one. I woud like the option.

Later,

Chris

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mrbigbri said:

Brian
Just curois but how many miles did you have on your rig when the heads went?

Later,

Chris

·
Registered
77 Posts
CMB1998 said:
Hey Jackass, dont know what your deal is, and I dont know what post your talking about on the other board. If you dont want a SC for your rig, great save your self a few grand and dont buy one. I woud like the option.

Later,

Chris
you really need to calm down man. just because he says something that you don't like doesn't give you the right to acked a fool and cuss people out.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
I would rather count on another company to develop a supercharger for that motor. TRD makes great hats and shift knobs and all, but I prefer to see a company like Whipple, Kenne Belle, Vortech, or ATI make a supercharger system for the new V6, or any Tacoma motor for that matter.

Now, step away from the computer, go get a cold drink, and read something. You need to calm down and think about what you've been saying.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I realy think that Keen Belle,Paxton,Vortek,Pro Charger,Powerdine,will enter into the midsize truck market soon,even more so with the new releases of the new Taco,Frontier,Dakota,Colorado and such. I had a Paxton installed on my 97 GMC vortech 350,It came with every thing....all new fuel delievery components(injectors,fuel pump,ect.) Until they come out with the systems its just a wish,but I would go with any of the above listed companies before the TRD unit,unless Toyota changes their ways and includes every thing you need instead of selling you just the supercharger and a new belt and saying thats all you need.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Exactly. Very well put.

When you look at supercharger and turbocharger kits sold by tuning companies like GReddy and others, they include everything to get in running properly, including tuning software, injectors, and so on.

TRD needs to get their crap together if they want to stay in the business. With other companies stepping in and offering accessories and hop-ups for Toyota vehicles, TRD doesn't stand a chance with its comparitively pathetic product lines and engineering.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Well, until someone else makes a complete kit, I'd be happy w/ a TRD SC and then URDize it to make it perfect.

I like the new 05 tacomas, but I'm probably not going to buy one unless there is a SC for it. It's kinda a deal breaker for me.
-Chris

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
I haven't driven a new Tacoma yet, or even one newer than mine, so I don't know what they are like, but I when I buy a new truck I will probably end up buying a 1-ton Ram with which to tow my truck.

Superchargers for 2.7s like my truck are hard to find, and not really worth the money. I just assume put a different motor in. I have heard that you shouldn't supercharge these motors after a certain point anyways.

Come on ATI! Make some Toyota stuff so TRD can be put where they belong!

·
Registered
598 Posts
ElBandito said:
just remember TTORA is about 2% of those who actually own a tacoma, so your chances are probly slim.
If 2% of the millions of Tacoma members were on this site then Shannon would be rich :)

What do we have now, 1200 registered users...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts