TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know why Camburg stoped making their LT kit for teh 05+ Tacoma???

I called them last week to inquire about buying a kit and they said that they are not ready yet. I know they were selling them before so now Im currious as to why the old kit was pulled.

Im currious because I decided to buy a used truck that has that kit on it... and I want to make sure that the kit is going to be OK and not have any problems

(yes Ive tried searching this)

Thanks for teh HELP

Travis

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, heres the truck

anyone recognize it... any reason I SHOULDNT get it?

Travis

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Because Total Chaos is better. JK I tried to get a hold of them to but they never got back to me, I heard they are making improvements to it. I might as well walk over to there shop and ask them I live right down the street o well. I will get back to you with 411.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
O shit thats Sincitys old taco!!! How much are they asking for it. PM me if you dont want to post it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
sent you a PM on Toyota Nation... I will post up the price after I pick it up and everything is final

and ya, Id apreciate you finding out whats up with this kit for me, theres got to be a reason to change it

Travis

·
Registered
456 Posts
Personally....I would move on, and keep searching for a different truck. At the least I would wait to hear back from Camburg before I signed anything and made a final purchase :2cents:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I wouldnt worrie about it, if you have any problems with the kit Camburg will do whatever it takes to help you out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spent hours and hours searching on this kit last night and came up with some posts from Camburg that make me feel very safe in the purcahse, also having Camburg only a couple hours away cant be a bad thing

heres what I found......

posted by Scott from Camburg-

The only thing we have changed with our kit is the upper arm and the lower. The only reason we changed them was so you can fit a 2.5 coilover, 2.0 airbump and a 2.5 bypass shock. We didnt change any aspect of the arms other than that. Ours is the only kit that even offers that shock setup.

I'm not sure who installed your kit but we shorten the airbumps 1.5" so that you're not riding around on them around town. Where you ride height is setup will also effect when airbumps take effect.

The valving in our coilovers is for desert use, so yes around town it will be a stiffer ride. With some minor valving changes it can ride like a caddy on the street. The TC kit would ride exactly the same with our shocks, its not the kit its the shock valving.

Keep your eyes open as we are releasing a race long-travel kit, even though the one we sell now has been raced on in the Baja 1000, Baja 500, SCORE Laughlin race amoung many others with flying colors. This new kit will be 2wd only, a little wider, use a full custom spindle and have aftermarket hubs that use 2.25" snouts. There will be no other kit available on the market that comes close to what this kit is all about.

We were the first to release the Tacoma L/T kit and will continue to innovate new products for it, you can't say that about other companies.

- Scott @ Camburg Engineering

It will be similar to this .......

(and I found this post)

The kit will be setup to run a 35" tire with Glassworks Unlimited 6" fenders. Track width depending on rim offset will be around 82" outside of tire to outside of tire. Our kit now is around 78". You'll gain quite a bit of ground clearance since the custom spindle will have lift built into it plus you will easily be able to run a 35" tire compared to most people running a 33" tire now.

We have a truck coming in in a few weeks to start putting it on. We actually already have the lower arms built and the aluminum hubs are being machined as we speak. We'll offer the kit with either a tubular upper arm or a billet aluminum one like we do with our other kits.

Glad you like the coilovers Ray, you'll like the ride they give even more.

- Scott @ Camburg

Travis

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Travis dont worry about what everyone else is saying that truck is sick and there is only a hand full of Camburg LT 05+ Tacos, and if it does break Scott at Camburg will fix it for you. You should go out to Barstow with us on the 26th

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Travis dont worry about what everyone else is saying that truck is sick and there is only a hand full of Camburg LT 05+ Tacos, and if it does break Scott at Camburg will fix it for you. You should go out to Barstow with us on the 26th
Im thinking about it, Brock invited me last night. I have a supermoto race on sunday and was thinking about going to the tract to turn a few laps on Sat as well................. but I need to break this thing in, so who know

Ill figure it out next week after I get this thing

Travis

·
Registered
276 Posts
The only reason why we do not have the kit available is because we are way to busy! We have never changed the 2005-2007 Tacoma kit. The kit we changed was the 1996-2004 Tacoma kit. The changes to the older Tacoma kit included the ability to use a coilover and bypass shock with an air bump.

If you have a 2005-2007 Toyota Prerunner or 4x4 Tacoma and want a LT kit we need to install it. We have some new suspension in the works for these trucks as well.

If you have any questions please call me at the shop or send an email with your phone number so I can call you.

Thank you,

Jerry Zaiden
714 848 8880
[email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts