TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
05+ taco DR rear resi PICS needed......

Does anybody have pics of the DR rear resi. shocks mounted and installed with the reservoir mounted to the shock body? I was told this can be done, but from the ones I have been in contact the hose is so stiff I would think it could not be done. At least without putting a lot of pressure on the valves.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
you can have donahoe make you a set with longer lines. That way the bend won't be so radical, it will be a larger loop. King makes resi clamps for the shocks, but I don't know if they fit the hoe resi shock body. Any machine shop can make you a pair.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have read a lot of good things about the kings as far as their quality and how well they ride. I am kinda leaning towards kings. The only thing that concerns me is the front resi. and the UCA looks as though it may rub it and if they can handle an aftermarket UCAs increased downtravel.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
King can make you a CO with the resi attached to the body. I am assuming that is what you are looking at. I have no idea if that will clear the TC arms at full droop. Just my :2cents: but if this doesn't work, King will not take them back :( and you will be stuck with a system that doesn't perform well. Not to bag on King, they make an excellent product. They just don't cater to the yota crowd. I fully understand your wanting to be different than the rest of the crew, but ask yourself if it's really worth the hassle to re-invent the wheel to get there. You will probably end up having to take them out of the truck to be re-valved 2-3 times to get it right. That's a lot of work IMO. Plus it's a high price to pay for being a ginea pig. If it were me, I would stick with what works. Ask donahoe if they will anodize a set in your favorite King color for ya. That might set you apart from the crowd. Not trying to be funny, or bag on ya, just trying to help. :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest I like the black best anyways, just that I have heard from a few people that have the king setup that it rides very smooth. I know donahoe does not ride smooth when you go above 2 inches. I am going to be running 2.5 inches or lift or a smidge more and I am afraid of the stiffness. I had a set of DR coilovers on my last taco, yeah they were cool, but there weren't as cool as everyone makes them out to be. I was kinda hoping King filled the gap with a coilover that will perform and ride great on road.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
10-4 smooth is a subjective term. It is a fine line between spring rate and valving. I just lowered my hoes down to 2.5 and they ride great IMO. They were a bit harsh at 3.0, but that was a by product of increased spring pre-load. If you get the Kings, keep us posted. I am curious as to how they perform in the 2 different environments.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not buying anything until I get some solid answers, lol. I am either going to do 1) DR COs, DR UCAs, and bilstein 5100 in the rear or 2) Kings all around with some Total Chaos or DR UCAs.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Looking forward to hearing the outcome. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't completely ruled out SAW either I like how you can run a full system front and rear without having to worry about resivoirs. I am just affraid of being able to get them ride soft since the ones I had were so stiff even after revalving.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have heard that the SAW finish (powder coat I think) has a tendency to come off - I am going with the Hoes and the Nitrided (?) finish, whatever they call it. I know they have a severe weather option and for me being in Canada with salty roads they will be ideal.

I am going with Hoes all round as I think they are rebuildable - I know the CO's are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts