1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
mines like 85" i have the TC spindles and 4" backsapced rims

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
hoerunner- how do you like the 488's with the 315's?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
just out of curiosity, the higher u have your coils cranked and have your truck sitting higher, wouldnt that make the track width a little skinnier?

If your coils are lower then ur control arms arnt at as much of an angle right, so would it make ur track witdth different??

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
just out of curiosity, the higher u have your coils cranked and have your truck sitting higher, wouldnt that make the track width a little skinnier?

If your coils are lower then ur control arms arnt at as much of an angle right, so would it make ur track witdth different??
Yes but it is probably a small amount that wont really make a big difference

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
hoerunner- how do you like the 488's with the 315's?
Its great in the desert and on the street but it sucks on the freeway im at 3k RPM when im goin 70.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well if u raise the truck an inch wouldnt it make the track width go in an inch? hmmmmm
Not really but the width does change quite a bit. I kinda designed a 05 kit today and it changes width 2.5 inches per side through 20" of travel. When the arm is parallel to the ground there is less width change to vertical change. Its only really at droop and bump that the width changes.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Not really but the width does change quite a bit. I kinda designed a 05 kit today and it changes width 2.5 inches per side through 20" of travel. When the arm is parallel to the ground there is less width change to vertical change. Its only really at droop and bump that the width changes.
O so if u raise or lower the truck a little bit it wont make a difference as far as width goes? My concern is that my truck is sitting a little to high.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Its great in the desert and on the street but it sucks on the freeway im at 3k RPM when im goin 70.
Really? I would think the 4.88's would bring it back to stock or close to it. Do you have a manual or auto?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I don't know why I was thinking 4.88's. 4.10's would put it back to stock if its an auto with 3.73's

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lets see some pics of new new kit. and lets use my truck for mock up so you can give me the kit at cost. lol
It looks basically like the kit on our race truck: same boxed upper look, same boxed spindle look, same boxed lower look. And Ive already got someone ready to go on the kit. I only designed it cause he wanted me to build his frontend. In the comp it looks possible to get 20" with a 2.5x10c/o and 2.5 remote resi bypass and still have plenty of clearance. Though it may be limited to 18-19 since its using all 10" of the shock at 20" wheel travel and I dont like getting to the ends of the shock. Bumpsteer was a lot easier to get rid of with this truck then previous tacos. With a 3.75in bs x 8in wide rim and 35x12.5s, the truck will be 86in wide at the widest and should be 85 at ride height.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts