TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for these items on the truck and notice there's a small radiator in front of the main one but I couldn't tell which cooler it was. Does anybody know the location of these coolers.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
162 Posts
rods05tacoma said:
I was looking for these items on the truck and notice there's a small radiator in front of the main one but I couldn't tell which cooler it was. Does anybody know the location of these coolers.
OKAY, the little cooler in the front is the trans cooler. the oil cooler is the thing the oil filter on the v6 screws onto. see the two rubber lines goin into it? those are radiator fluid lines that cool or disipate the heat in the engine oil.
There is actually the radiator right at the fan then another in front of that and a little suplemental one infront of that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jayotto4 said:
OKAY, the little cooler in the front is the trans cooler. the oil cooler is the thing the oil filter on the v6 screws onto. see the two rubber lines goin into it? those are radiator fluid lines that cool or disipate the heat in the engine oil.
There is actually the radiator right at the fan then another in front of that and a little suplemental one infront of that.

Ok, so the small radiator that you can see through the grille is the tranny cooler but I'm still alittle confused about the oil cooler. I saw the two rubber lines going into the bottom of the oil filter housing on top of the engine (v-6 model) but I'm still kinda confused on how the oil is being cooled :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
162 Posts
rods05tacoma said:
Ok, so the small radiator that you can see through the grille is the tranny cooler but I'm still alittle confused about the oil cooler. I saw the two rubber lines going into the bottom of the oil filter housing on top of the engine (v-6 model) but I'm still kinda confused on how the oil is being cooled :confused:
Okay the radiator fluid passes throught the base were the filter screws onto. the properties of the radiator fluid absorb heat and it brings it to the water pump to curculate it through the coolant system and throught the radiator to be cooled and back to the oil filter location to absorb more heat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jayotto4 said:
Okay the radiator fluid passes throught the base were the filter screws onto. the properties of the radiator fluid absorb heat and it brings it to the water pump to curculate it through the coolant system and throught the radiator to be cooled and back to the oil filter location to absorb more heat.
That makes sense, now I have a good Idea about what's going on with those items. I'm the kind of guy that needs to know what's going on with the vehicle that I own and drive every day, ya know :)

Thanks,

Rod
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Are you sure you aren't looking at the A/C condensor? It's directly in front of the radiator. The tranny cooler would have lines coming in and out of it going to the transmission. I've got a 4 cyl 05 so I'm not much help on location. But I kinda doubt it even has an oil cooler. And if it doesn't have the tow package, it may not have a tranny cooler either.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
162 Posts
rods05tacoma said:
That makes sense, now I have a good Idea about what's going on with those items. I'm the kind of guy that needs to know what's going on with the vehicle that I own and drive every day, ya know :)

Thanks,

Rod
I will send you some pdf's via email or private mesage
Cant do either. send me your email addy I will send some good info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BMWTACO said:
Are you sure you aren't looking at the A/C condensor? It's directly in front of the radiator. The tranny cooler would have lines coming in and out of it going to the transmission. I've got a 4 cyl 05 so I'm not much help on location. But I kinda doubt it even has an oil cooler. And if it doesn't have the tow package, it may not have a tranny cooler either.
The 05' taco's (v-6) with the tow package have a tranny and oil cooler as part of the package.

Rod
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top