TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting 3 Hella 4000s wired up next week and am asking for feedback to ensure that my setup will be good.

Besides the lights Im getting the wiring kit. Its been posted that there is enough wire in the kit for the third light left over. Still correct?

I was going to upgrade to an Optima Yellow top battery to keep up with the lights power draw.

Any more info on an upgraded alternator for 05+ Tacomas? Or am I safe with stock? This question was asked in an earlier thread but not answered.

Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
i think youll be safe with a better battery and the stock alt. more so if you have the towing package. it think the stock alt with towing is 130amp - i would think that wired right that would work with even a dual battery setup

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doublej said:
i think youll be safe with a better battery and the stock alt. more so if you have the towing package. it think the stock alt with towing is 130amp - i would think that wired right that would work with even a dual battery setup
I was going to stick with one battery. BTW I do have the towing package Im guessing that comes with an HD alternator. I really dont want to buy a new alternator already so hopefully your right. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have the tow package, stock battery and 4 130-watt lights and have not had any issues at all. I've run then for serval hours while drving.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anthonycoley said:
I have the tow package, stock battery and 4 130-watt lights and have not had any issues at all. I've run then for serval hours while drving.
Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
06HAOLE
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing