TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has done a 3" lift on their 2005's yet. I am getting my 05 Access cab trd offraod v6 this week. I am going to order the toytec 3" kit but I read alot of people say you dont need the diff drop but that was for the last generation. Does anyone know if the new 05 CV's are just like the old one and wouldnt really be a big worry or are they going to have more strain on them then previous gen's.

Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Its not the CV's people were worried about its there boots.... As for your question i dont know....

BUMP

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
05yota4x4 said:
I was wondering if anyone has done a 3" lift on their 2005's yet. I am getting my 05 Access cab trd offraod v6 this week. I am going to order the toytec 3" kit but I read alot of people say you dont need the diff drop but that was for the last generation. Does anyone know if the new 05 CV's are just like the old one and wouldnt really be a big worry or are they going to have more strain on them then previous gen's.

Thanks
Mine is lifted 3" with the toytech I got the dif drop kit but have yet to install it. My boots do seem to rub a little. Let me know how yours comes out. Pics also before and after are great. Check out my webshots page.

·
Registered
42 Posts
05 Tacoma Lift

We have a bolt in coil-over kit available for the 2005 Tacoma. The RaceRunner coil-overs are available in both 2.0" and 2.5" dia. The 2.0" will be perfect for those who dont want to spend $1000.00 on suspension and use their truck mainly on the street with light offroading and trails. The 2.5" is for guys who put their trucks through the paces in the desert over whoops and jumps. The 2.5" has more oil capacity which helps keep the shock cooler in harder conditions and offers greater dampening capabilities. The 2.0" retails for $749.99 per set and includes a spanner wrench at n/c. The 2.5" set retails for $950.00 and includes a stock replacement swaybar and spanner wrench at n/c. When running the 2.5" coil-over on the 05 you must either relocate the swaybar or change it out completely as it contacts the coil spring on the 2.5" shock, the 2.0" does not need the swaybar, however you can purchase the bar seperately for $124.99 as it is a finishing touch to your suspension package since it is powder coated red. If you have any questions please feel free to email me [email protected]

Attachments

·
Banned
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those look great. I would love to have a set of the 2.0 cause I only do light trail. I just cant afford that. My payments are high and I gotta start watching my money. I cant wait in 2years my house will be paid off and then i can have ALOT more room to get some more toys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts