TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Im in the build of my race truck and trying to figure out if 3.75 backspacing on 05 tacoma will do anything bad? The wheels Im considering are Walker Evans. I have done Dhoes, UCA's, Fiberglass, etc.. Even Notched my frame to clear 295 70 r 17's.. Just wondering if I order BS 3.75 wheels if that offset is gonna really do anything bad? Both Front and Rear. Im doing it to gain a little wider stance. Let me know your opinions. BTW, My truck has BS4.75 right now and 1" would be great!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have eagle alloy 101's in a 3.75" backspacing, 285/75/16 cooper stt's with SAW CO's up front. I'm going to sell these wheels and get something in a 4.5" BS.

It does give you a wider stance, but I don't want to deal with the rubbing anymore. Mine rubs on the cab mount (i've done some trimming along the bumber, fender liner, and rear portion of the fender flare). The only time it won't rub, is when I'm on the street and I'm the only one in the truck. As soon as I get some weight on/in the truck, it will rub at full lock almost always while going forward, and ALWAYS while in reverse. Keep in mind, this is on the STREET. I have yet to take it offroad with this setup, but I know it will make things worse.

I'm confident that there wouldn't be any issues with a 3.75" BS wheel if you were to run the next tire size down. I want to stick with the 285/75 though.... so I'll be getting some Chambers in a few months. :)

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya well I already trimmed my cab mount area. I have notched the frame and plated it. I actually have 2 sizes up from yours and get minimal rubbing. My donahoes do ok.. I used to rub when back up and turning, but now not.. I guess Ill have to see. Just wondering if the BS of 3.75 is too much on the bearings in front etc.. And also rub issues on the calipers etc..

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hahaha! If I didnt know you.. Id think your serious! haha. Well post what you really think! And dont be jealous ;) Wanna race? BTW, we should take some video and post it up of our trucks.. Or one just towning mine since I broke something! Wanna do Baja 250, 500, 1000 with me?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts