TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the manual says the vehicle is equipped with iridium tipped spark plugs(2TR-FE engine), and to only use those. i cross referenced the suggested maintenence guide with the owners manual, and it says replace them at 30k(1GR-FEengine) and 60k(1GR-FEengine) but the fine print doesnt apply to the engine in the tacoma i have, so it says to replace them at 120k for all engines!
any one change their spark plugs yet? i have 58kmiles, and everythings seems to run fine. any experience with this yet??

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
the manual says the vehicle is equipped with iridium tipped spark plugs(2TR-FE engine), and to only use those. i cross referenced the suggested maintenence guide with the owners manual, and it says replace them at 30k(1GR-FEengine) and 60k(1GR-FEengine) but the fine print doesnt apply to the engine in the tacoma i have, so it says to replace them at 120k for all engines!
any one change their spark plugs yet? i have 58kmiles, and everythings seems to run fine. any experience with this yet??
I only have 18k on my truck, but the dealer said change them at 100k. If it runs well, don't mess with it. Is your mileage and power OK?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uurrrything looks ok, some mechanic told me they need to be changed. imagine that huh?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Probably old school wrench.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
*sigh* here we go again.......
resistor plugs = 30000
platnium = 60000
irridium = 90000
anything before that is wasting your money

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, im legit now!
fo sho do!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If you want to install Iridium plugs URD has them for your engine.

Normally aspirated engines should use the IKH20 plugs.

http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=9_15&products_id=1260518476

Boosted should use the IKH22 plugs.

http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=9_15&products_id=1260518477
Will the 4.0 adapt to them? I know its older, but my 22RE wont even idle, let alone run, on anything but CHEAP ass plugs:D

I changed the plugs on my 03 at 30K, and will do it again at 60K..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, no biggie. Just showing people something to look at. I have used bosch for the past decade and have never had a problem with misfire. As a matter of fact, I have had slightly improved fuel economy. These have all been on Chevy trucks though. So I can't really speak for Japanese engines yet.
Next time be a little more professional with your quotes. Maybee, " dont use those, they may foul jap engines"
c'mon guy, we are here to share info.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hey, no biggie. Just showing people something to look at. I have used bosch for the past decade and have never had a problem with misfire. As a matter of fact, I have had slightly improved fuel economy. These have all been on Chevy trucks though. So I can't really speak for Japanese engines yet.
Next time be a little more professional with your quotes. Maybee, " dont use those, they may foul jap engines"
c'mon guy, we are here to share info.
no....you havent been around long enough :newbie: to know im the biggest asshole on here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts