TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new 05 double cab tacoma. Does anyone know where I can find a K&N air filter- or any other brand free flowing filter and a bug shield?
Has anyone heard of converting the useless hood scoop into a functional scoop?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
smokintacoma said:
Just bought a new 05 double cab tacoma. Does anyone know where I can find a K&N air filter- or any other brand free flowing filter and a bug shield?

Thanks.
I also have a 2005 Double Cab and haven't found anything for it yet. I wanted the bug shield, but dealers have told me that they have been pushed back a few weeks. I'm also looking for nerf bars. Nothin'.

kafene.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tacoma Dude said:
*some* parts off of the 4th gen 4runners will apply to the 05 Tacomas. But we're talking mostly under the hood type things...

I think this may be true for a good bit of parts. Although we currently do not have verification to allow us to just go out and buy the parts risk free. There will be some trial and error, hacking, and R&D. The usual :)

By the end of '05 we will likely have plenty.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called K&N and they said it would be antother 60 days before they make a filter for it. What parts from the 4-runner fit besides the oil filter?

·
Registered
12 Posts
smokintacoma said:

Thanks.
what do you think of your 2005 tacoma. I just got one I love it already I have 4x4 trd double cab 4l auto. gets good gas milage I had 2001 tacoma double cab prerunner trd I like that truck to but wife need the 4x4 and the bigger box helps to. for your k/n filter they have not got it yet hope soon. I got my bug sheild at the dealer under 100.00 looks good to very stream line to the truck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
whippedpooh said:
what do you think of your 2005 tacoma. I just got one I love it already I have 4x4 trd double cab 4l auto. gets good gas milage I had 2001 tacoma double cab prerunner trd I like that truck to but wife need the 4x4 and the bigger box helps to. for your k/n filter they have not got it yet hope soon. I got my bug sheild at the dealer under 100.00 looks good to very stream line to the truck.

K&N store shows a filter now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts