TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ryguy said:
So you still want mine? ;)
Nope. Sorry, forgot this was still here. Thanks though. :) Gonna buy the TC LT kit instead. Gonna run it w/ coilovers and airbumps upfront, deaver 62's w/ smoothies and airbumps in back. Don't want 2 run bypasses cause I want 2 keep it kinda simple. Think the airbumps'll help like a second stage. What do u think?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
that will work great. Now for running the deaver 62's its alittle harder. Do you know how to do some fabbing. Hook up with DMZ so you can get it done right. Do you have 4wd? Just wondering, I dont know how you would run Airbumps in the front with 4wd.. check into it. If anything again go with DMZ even to buy it, he will hook you up. Let him know that I sent ya and he will hook you up in the right direction. Killer kit though! I have it and doing the same thing. What are you going to do with the rear shocks?? Just wondering..

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mines 2wd (doh!) I'm confident doing the fab work. Gonna mount the 62's spring under and got it pretty much planned out (after hours lying under my truck measuring) Gonna run shocks outside framerails (seems like other guys aren't having clearence issues here) then pop through wheel wells to a minimal bed cage. Will be running glass in the back too for tire clearance on uptravel. For airbumps in front I was thinking bout ordering my TC Kit raw, grinding off one of the 2ndary shock tabs and welding a plate there for a strike pad for the airbump, and using the other tab for limit strap. Looks like the arm also has an internal gusset there so should be strong. Do you think it'll work well with the bumps? Maybe i should just frget it all and run bypasses but I'm not planning on running the truck that hard. I should probably post this in desert tech.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
that would be good. everything looks good. Just plot out what you want to do.. I dont know if I would trade off air bumps for 2nd shock bypass. Looks like what I did. Look into Allied for some spindles for your truck. You get the lift without having so much preload now!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think you should run a bypass shock in the rear before you put one up front.... if you get it valved correctly it will make a world of a difference over smoothbodies in the rear. Also valving your front coilovers correctly will make a big difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
glamistaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing