TTORA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while trying to remove my stock uca's i ran into a problem i cant figure out, i cant seem to take off the stock uca off the spindle, im stuck i dont know what to do, is there a certin procedure that needs to be done to take the uca off the spindle? how did all you take off your uca's? anyone else run into this problem and knows how to solve it? thanks ahead for your help guys

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Use an impact wrench to break the nut loose. The sudden shock will usually break it free before the balljoint spins. If the balljoint spins, put a pickle fork between the spindle and the arm, then try again to loosen it. If the problem is that the balljoint won't seperate from the spindle, put the nut back on to protect the threads and tap it with a hammer to break it free from the spindle.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its the bolt and it wont seprate from the spindle i tried knocking it loose with a hammer but nothing im scared to hit it any harder cause i dont want to screw any of the parts up

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the replys guys i finally got them out with a hard hit with a hammer

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh,lol, i actually cussed out the uca for around 10 mins and went and got a beer out the fridge

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Good work, I think I'll go get a beer too:xbeer3:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
beer solves all install problems... and i turn 21 in 23 days. woot.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
beer solves all install problems... and i turn 21 in 23 days. woot.
You mean to tell all these law abiding peeps that you have been illegally consuming alcoholic beverages prior to the age of 21...Shame on you boy, shame...:) :rolleyes: Now while you're up, go get me a beer:xbeer3:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Not trying to be a dick, but in this picture you should be hitting the spindle where the balljoint goes through it. Do that while pushing up on the uca, and it should pop off a lot easier. I've had a bit of experience with balljoints, lol.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Not trying to be a dick, but in this picture you should be hitting the spindle where the balljoint goes through it. Do that while pushing up on the uca, and it should pop off a lot easier. I've had a bit of experience with balljoints, lol.

X2

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
thats nice to know now, lol... all that matters is i got it off... just took about 20 swift hits.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts