TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to begin with I have a 2001 dodge dakota cc 4x4 3.9 v6 5speed. It's got under 50k on it. I was getting my hopes up to lift and such but it's really not worth it as far as the cash and hassle goes. So to make a long story short I got thinking about buying a new truck and selling the dakota. I am going to do this in the spring. Around march or april... I am looking for somthing with more power but a little better on gas, cheaper mods, comfort, warranty and all that good stuff. All around BETTER. I am really looking into an access cab with the v6 and an auto. I have been searching everywhere to see if TRD makes a supercharger for it but I can't find anything. I have also seen rumors on other boards that toyota is going to put a 4.7liter in the 07's and somthing about a diesel? Any information would be helpful. I am also curious to see what kind of gas mileage the 4.0's are getting. My dakota gets 16ish with cold air intake and exhaust... Just so you all know I do plan on getting a 3" lift and bigger tires. Well anyways thanks for help and post pics if you can.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I doubt they will put the V8 in the Tacoma for 07 since the 07s are already out now.

I was part of a Toyota focus group at the Take Over event year before last. They Toyota reps were asked about a Diesel for the Tacoma and they flat said no way, never going to happen. Now check this out. One of the biggest reasons is that it won't fit in the truck. Of course everyone in the group attempted to point out that the truck is basically the same as the Prado and Hilux with the Diesels. So, who knows what is going on there.

TRD has been promising a supercharger for about 3 years now. They keep telling people fall of next year, every year. Inside sources are saying they are having a lot of problems with it and it was almosts axed about 3 times already.

Now if you want a supercharger kit that is ready to go and makes about 95 wheel HP over stock, you can get this one:

http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_2&products_id=126019804

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey gadget. Are you guys making Stage 2 and Stage 3 kits for the S/C? Also what is the highest HP rated to the wheels tacoma that you know of with your S/C. I know Xrobber has the 10psi pulley and would be curious as to what he is running.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
BaDDak said:
Also, whats the deal with the warranty? Will a lift, wheels and tires void the warranty?
I have been going back and forth with Toyota on that, if they can prove that a modification is the root cause of a warranteed failure, they won't pay.

They quit responding to me after I asked them about the 'Maya Hunter', a heavily modified Tacoma that they donated. They would not say if they would honor any claims on that truck....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts