TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
during my install i only one little complication the two bolts that connect the spindle to the lower uniball adapter are too long. Did you guys with the tc kit need to buy shorter bolts or what? did i do something wrong on my install? maybe my sindle wasnt tapped with enough thread? For now i jerry rigged it and threw some lock washers as spacers to make up for the space but let me know what you guys think the problem is. here are some pics.

in the tc install instructions it says to use the stock 16mm x 45mm flange bolts and thats what i did apperantly they are to long someone help me out here.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
That is wierd. Mine fit fine as well.

·
Registered
205 Posts
measure the thickness of the stock balljoint piece and that adapter that bolt on. if its the same then you either have the wrong bolts or gummed threads

that is one piece of the truck you DO NOT want compromised at all. if 2 of those bolts broke it would shear off and leave you really F'd and possibly flipped

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
measure the thickness of the stock balljoint piece and that adapter that bolt on. if its the same then you either have the wrong bolts or gummed threads

that is one piece of the truck you DO NOT want compromised at all. if 2 of those bolts broke it would shear off and leave you really F'd and possibly flipped
I did exactly what you said the day I installed the kit. I'm going down to fastenal today and gunna see if they have shorter bolts if not I'm gunna double check and make sure the threads aren't fucked. But they can't be all 4 boltsfor both sides did the same exact thing.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
maybe your stripped the threads?

lossen the other bolt a little bit, then try screwing the messed up bolt in..
Definately not stripped cause on both sides the bolts go in the same lengthI had to use the sameamount of washers to space the bolt for both sides.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i took off the other side to see if the threads were fucked up but there not this is how much they thread in on each bolt. This pic is without the lock washers. If the non threaded part of the bolt wasnt there id be golden. if i could find a 16mm x 35mm bolt it would be perfect

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and here is where the bolt would be if it were flush with the uniball adapter. Logan where u at man i know youve had this kit on and off a few times. hahaha

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
thank you very muchhh thats exactly what i needed to hear :)
Now you got me wondering why they didn't put that in the instructions. Maybe you should call and find out what the skinny is, maybe we have oddball parts or something. Also that lower uniball...fuggin pos... be sure to torque it to spec and apply generous amounts of loctite, mine come loose every 500 offroad miles or so, and you can't torque them with a standard 5/8" allen, even on 1/2" drive so I took a grade 8 bolt with a 5/8" head size, spun a nut on it, then welded a 3/4" nut to the 5/8" nut to really put the torque to it. Seems to help, but I carry the tools to tighten it in the spares bag. It would be a bad day if the lower uniball popped loose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey bro dozer just installed a tc kit on my09 4x4 and they did supply the shorter bolts just thought you might want to know ,also wanted to thank you for your build thread lots of good stuff

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey bro dozer just installed a tc kit on my09 4x4 and they did supply the shorter bolts just thought you might want to know ,also wanted to thank you for your build thread lots of good stuff
My boys bill, nick, and chris?! Ohh yeah no problem glad it could help you out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts