TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that my passanger side front diff is leaking I noticed a spot on the driveway then looked under there and found the whole bottom of my crossmember and comming from my what looks like the seal. Is this normal and would a 3" lift make this happen.? help

·
Registered
66 Posts
lajguess said:
I think that my passanger side front diff is leaking I noticed a spot on the driveway then looked under there and found the whole bottom of my crossmember and comming from my what looks like the seal. Is this normal and would a 3" lift make this happen.? help
You talking CV boot, or differential? You only have one front differential, but 2 CV boots that connect to it on each side. If it is coming from the rubber boot, then yes your lift may have caused this due to the increased angle put on the cv joint. The fins rub together because the CV spin all of the time, even thoough your diff is not engaged.

More lift=more rub=shorter CV boot life

·
Registered
672 Posts
Have you had your truck offroad and not cleaned the underside? I had my driver's side axle seal shit the bed couple of months ago due to sand/dirt getting in there from wheeling and not cleaning it properly. Dealership changed it no questions asked under warranty.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
your timing cover is leaking where it meets at the pass side headgasket area....my work has seen 5 of these so far

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
LavosTRD
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing