TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my wife a 2006 prerunner tacoma 4.0 auto a few weeks back and i went to grease the slip yoke b/c im sure the po didnt bother and was surprised to see there was none on this truck. i have a front and rear section and a hanger like on my 2001 but no slip yoke.

i checked the fsm and i guess this is normal on this setup.

does anyone have an 05 to 09 with a slip yoke?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thats funny. I have been told that the 06's don't have zerts on there slip yokes. I have looked for mine on my 06 and have not found it ether. I know it has to be there. Aft of the carrier bearing. Ether right after the bearing bracket or as it goes into the diff. When I get home from this deployment (in 14 days by the way. YA!!) Im going to drop my DS and Grease EVERYTHING. Im sure I will find it then.

·
Registered
351 Posts
on the prerunner, it slips in and out at the rear of the tranny, weird setup, but that's how it works, i guess one less thing to grease.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok, Im a noob, but if the slip yoke is at the rear of the tranny, and it has to adjust due the the rear axle moving up and down there for the DS needs to lengthen and shorten, Wouldn't the carrier bearing asembly and bracket get in the way of all that????? I mean the carrier bearing mount is right in between the two moving parts you are talking about. I don't get it.:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts