TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Im new to the forum and have some questions about my truck. It looks like I've come to the right place since everyone seems very educated and helpful. I have an 06 Tacoma 2.7L I4 Access Cab. It is a 5spd manual and the only things I've done with it are put 16" chrome wheels, 31x10.5 Buckshot mudders, 3" skyjacker suspension lift, nerf bars, and a new speaker system and CD player in it. I just can't seem to find many brands that have products for my model or items that would seem to help with hp. My question is what can I do to get some noticable horsepower, I don't really care on the cost since I will save up for new things if I don't have the cash now and can get some opinions..just don't want to hurt my truck. I know that some things will void the warranty, but Id like any suggestions. It is fast for an I4 truck I think, but I'd like to see quit a bit more punch and acceleration. Low and high end if possible. Any suggestions or ideas would be extremely appreciated. I am in the dark when it comes to under the hood.. Thanx! :2cents:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Leave it alone and drive it. I would not mod that I4. You get great mileage with it stock and it's a no brainer, reliable engine. Save your money until you can afford to step up to the V6. Why void your drivetrain warranty? Just MHO and :2cents: Good luck, what ever you decide to do. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can do the normal stuff like exhuast & intake but you probably wont gain enough horses for it to be worth the money spent. You may also run into warranty issues depending on your dealer.

Just REV the sh!t out of it and make it do what you want. Those are some bullet-proof engines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts