1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Wow awesome work. Ryan isnt the only long bed anymore.

·
Registered
725 Posts
damn dude thats siick

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. The rear has Deaver 64s with Fox 18" double bypass shocks. These are all the pics I have at the moment, but I will probably take more shots in a couple weeks. The truck rides great with the l/t. I want to do more things to it, but it won't be for a little while.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Nice, I like how you made the whole bedcage removable and how you also made the rear spare mount/bumper removable if you need the bedspace:kewl:

I'm sure you have some tall strike pads on the axle that I just can't see in the pics cause those airbumps are mounted up pretty high

Looks like a Giant shackle and shackle mount too, did you just get the whole 64" kit and make it work? I was thinking about doing the same...

Did you get inspiration for the build from Ryguy???:p
Anyway good job, can't wait to see some action pics...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
NICE TRUCK!! YEAH I HAVE A BUDDIE!! I Saw the pic in your avatar.... I was like, holy sh*t.. Someone stole a pic and used it as there avatar.. lol.. Im not that cool!! OK PM Me.. You need to take this out on the run 5-3 with us and run this at barstow!! This looks clean man! Who did the work?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, I actually got the Giant shackles and mounts and made them work for the Tacoma. Took a lot of work. As far as the wheel spacers, I did not need them up front because I ground the brake caliper down slightly and made it work out. The strikepad is sort of high, so it still hits the bump perfectly and comes within less than a 1/2 in. of bottoming out. I did a slight c-notch in the side of the frame and plated it so the u bolts do not hit the frame. I also put urethane bumps on the frame because Baja Mike at Kartek told me to make sure the bump does not completely bottom out. I cycled and articulated everything about 50 times before I started welding it all up. As far as the build, I contacted DMZ last April about a shackle kit, but they hadn't made a setup yet. I decided to go to Geoff at Giant last May and he had a setup for a Ranger, but I made it work on the Tacoma. I saw Ryguy's truck on the internet after I had started to build my truck. Took a lot of work, but I am happy with how it turned out. A lot of respect goes out to Geoff at Giant and Baja Mike for answering all of my questions on the build.

Long beds:kewl:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
ooooooooh shit son! LOL

you have to defintely bring that beast out next run....(5/2-5/3).i wanna see it in person

Out of curiosity where in socal are you located?

Ps: i pmed you about the tow hitch on sale...and i was also wondering about your avatar pic....i knew you were gonna post a buildup sooner or later LOL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I won't be able to make it out to this Barstow trip because I am heading up to Mammoth to go snowboarding with my sons. Let me know when the next trip is and have fun.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
At the time, Geoff only had the kit for the Rangers. I'm not sure what he has for it now though. He told me to try it out and I figured out exactly where to mount the front leaf bracket. I offset it and welded it on and it turned out fine.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
link killers are kings that you buy through giant and they have different tubes and are supposed to come valved great out of the box.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts