TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great day. Got to the trail head about 10:00 and was done by 13:30. Had a great day with no real breakage on my rig. The only problem was the exhaust broke completely free at one of the welds. Looks like Wednesday will be spent getting that fixed for free... The black Jeep, which is BADASS BTW, cracked the tailhouse of his transmission. Apparently, this is a big problem for him, seeing that this is the 3rd transmission housing he has cracked. Anyways, onto the pictures.

At the trailhead, replacing a belt.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_sy9rXnMz6R0/SlA_uKK_SiI/AAAAAAAABV8/KN2SNZsSSWA/s512/DSC_0002.JPG[/url]

[img]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_sy9rXnMz6R0/SlA_vfuSxXI/AAAAAAAABWA/zx3M3Xgo4fY/s512/DSC_0003.JPG

Today's crew

First obstacle

Our trail mates

Back to the first obstacle

This is the second obstacle. It's really steep on the driver's side of the climb, medium in the middle and the girly climb is on the far passenger's side. One guy took the girly line before anyone caught up to him, 3 guys took the hard line and one guy and myself took the middle line. On the far left side, the front end had a tendency to push towards the cliff. I wasn't ready to try it without a cage.

Pup...

Check out the flex... Ric you'd love this part, it's called 'poser rock'

Approach

I kept getting stuck here. The right rear tire kept tossing the rocks at the bottom that were filling a big, gaping hole at the bottom of the rock.

Then the right front dropped in the crevice.

Backed up a little and tried again.

Finally up and over.

There were a couple more obstacles, but due to the tranny issues in the black Jeep, we called it a day and headed home.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Looks like a great run! Thansk for sharing. Who all (who is registered on Cottora was there).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to do the stairs so badly, but with the trans issues on the other rig, it just didn't work out. Looks like we might be going back though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts