TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have some tunes in mt new truck besides the crackling radio all the time. Since I've had my 01' taco I just ran it through a tape but my 07' of course don't have a tape player. I remember reading somewhere in here about hooking and i-pod up on the new ones and what to get but couldn't find it. Anyways what am I looking at to get it to play my i-pod? Thanks.. If there were something besides it playing though the radio that would be great.. I thought I read about it pluggind into the stock cd player some place. Of yea I've got the reg. CD player... if I got the JBl I would have had to waited 3-4 months haha.. Thanks guys

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking for something to go into my stock head unit that after plugged in looks clean

·
Registered
112 Posts
look on crutchfields website...im pretty sure they have an adapter for the stock radio...ive got an alpine head unit and the ipod just stays in the glovebox

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
20 dollar fm tuner. no wires at all.

·
Registered
382 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
mtxe said:
Did Toyota relocate the passenger airbag switch or do you not have one? ( I have a 99 I've been in several 04's but don't remember that.)
My Tacoma does not have an airbag switch.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hey Gang,

I've already got an ipod2car unit that I had with the Dodge.

On Wednesday (Yippee!!) I can pick up my new Taco!!!

It's the sport which will have the 6 disc changer already - which is fine.

Does anyone know if there is another CD changer port available for a second CD changer? On a 2007 Sport?

In other words - I need a CD changer port to plug in the ipod2car unit.
Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey bigbadyoda

Are you still looking for a way to hookup your ipod to your factory stereo? If so, I have one of these that I am about ready to take out of my truck:

http://www.audiooutfitter.com/store/103414/tyip01.html

It is slightly used...but I have the original package, directions & everything else. The thing is a piece of cake to install. There is an open jack on the back of the factory stereo that it plugs into, you run the cable for the ipod to wherever you want to put it & it is wired. Sound quality is great, no interference (I tried like 5 different FM ones, all sucked).

If you are interested, let me know. I will make you a great deal. If I can I will find a set of instructions for you.

-Tricio

1 - 14 of 14 Posts