TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting some 7089 pro comp wheels and will they rum on the 07's calipers? I've heard b0th stories? what is my stock bs, how much would these wheels stick out thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just put 16x8 AR Mojaves on my rig... 4.5" backspacing and no rubbing. You couldn't fit a playing card between the caliper and rim though.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh so it was damn close lol? Crap, i was digging those pro comp wheels on my truck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just take a grinder to your calipers... you shouldn't need to take too much material off to get those rims to fit. I barely had to grind the calipers on my old 03 Taco... Didn't have any problems afterwards.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea but I think the BS on the older taco's are different that the new ones? Does anyone know if they are or what? I thought the stock Bs on of 04- were 4.5?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet finally a usefull personn aroung this flaming place :mad: ... Thanks MXracer atleast there is someone helpfull... ;)

But I still am not sure about the calipers rubbing though on that rim?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So would those wheels work anyone?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Plan on getting the 7089's in 17"; discount tire said the 17" wheels will fit but sure most 17" wheels do....Don't know about the 16" but they have a 4.5 BS so caliber grinding would be minimal I would guess

·
Registered
345 Posts
Back spacing has little to do with caliper rub. The configuration of the spoke or center portion of the wheel is what you need to look at. Generally if the center is completely flat it will rub.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts