TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Consumer guide site says the max leg room in the 07 access cab compared to the 07 double cab is only 3.5 inches smaller. Thus said has anyone here put 4 full size people in an 05 - 07 access cab for a fairly long drive? 4 hours or so?

I ask because here in canada for some bloody reason you can not get a off road double cab you have to settle with the sport. I am personally not a fan of the hood scoop and 17s on the sport and want the locker and 16" wheels the trd offers. So am thinking if I can get by with an access cab or if a double cab sr5 with upgrades is the answer.

thanks
(yes i did search)

·
Registered
9 Posts
the seats alone would probably cause them misery in the back, after 20 min.
i had two 15 year old kids in the back , who thought it was great .
but i dont think a full grown adult would last an hour back there.
just my opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 06 access cab and i personally hated sitting in the back (let my brother test drive) i myself am 6ft. tall, about 220lbs. and the leg room sucks plus the back rest offers no comfort what so ever. if its just you and you're lady, then go for it. if you plan on hauling people then the dbl cab is better. i hated the bench seat, so i got the access cab to have the reclining seats. ive had both my parents back there for about a 2 hour trip and they kept complaining...so i dont drive them around anymore.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I've got a seven year old grand daughter that fits those rear seats just fine.

She likes to ride in the back because the rear window is "cool" when it's open.

I've never had an adult back there that felt the same way.

Four hours? Not going to happen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had 4 adults including myself in my access cab and the two in the back both agreed that it's fine for around town, to get lunch, etc, but anymore than a 20-30min drive would suck being back there.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thanks for the input. I owned a 2001 double cab and it served all my needs fairly well but the lack or bed space and going back to college made me sell it for the second time (long story).
I guess another double cab it is. How do the rear seats in the 07 double cab compare to the seats in the back of an 01 - 04 double cab? anyone owned one of each?

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts