TTORA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got a 07 pre runner and want to level it ...seen a lot of different size spacers, which size gets it level and not sitting to high in the front??? and any sugestions on a brand? :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm going to show my ignorance here so bear with me. I'm new to the modification thing so I'm cruising a few forums to learn a little. I keep seeing the "leveling the truck" posts cropping up.

Is there any advantage to making the truck perfectly level other than cosmetic? Not trying to denigrate what you want to do to your truck, it's yours, you could paint penises all over the windows for all I care. I'm just curious to if there is any advantage to it other than that.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I'm going to show my ignorance here so bear with me. I'm new to the modification thing so I'm cruising a few forums to learn a little. I keep seeing the "leveling the truck" posts cropping up.

Is there any advantage to making the truck perfectly level other than cosmetic? Not trying to denigrate what you want to do to your truck, it's yours, you could paint penises all over the windows for all I care. I'm just curious to if there is any advantage to it other than that.
I think they look a ton better, thats the main reason. The other reason is it gives a little more running ground clearance when driving.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
thanks man i got the extended cab short wheel base... i like it but it will look better leaveled out
There is only 1 WB on xcabs :D

I would get a 1.5" level kit, Dave at cornfed can do that for you.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I would also check out Toyteclifts.com and talk to Doug, he's a club member and has great quality parts and gives a club discount. Doug is also a very knowledgable guy and great to deal with.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/0507tacocart.html#0507tacoliftkits

Just another option.
Toytec does offer good stuff, and good prices, but they dont offer a kit small enough to level, and their 2" kit is one spring spacer, where as cornfed will make is 2" kit into 1.5 or 1.75 if you want, and it uses 2 spacers a spring spacer and a top plate spacer, so you only loose 1" of realized droop, and your ride isnt affected with such a small spring spacer.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
but isent cornfed spacers go on top of the shock asembly
like I said, its 2 spacer... a top plate and a coil spring... keeps the ride nice, and the top plate adds the amount of droop you lift, so you dont loose any realized droop from it, just from the spring spacer.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
i thought i read on here some where that top load spacers are bad because you can over exten your coils or something along those lines

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
i thought i read on here some where that top load spacers are bad because you can over exten your coils or something along those lines
Like any spacer it depends on the amount, top plate spacer are safe up to about 1.5-2", same with spring spacers.. .after that you can over extend your CV's and BJ's, cant overextend your coils, the spacer is outside the shock/spring... On a spring spacer you can acutally cause more damage to the shock, since there is more pressure on the spring when the shock fully extends, that and your ride turns to crap after about 1-1.5" of lift.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts