TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got into Austin from Gilmer, had a blast, although it was a bit cold and rainy; but in the long run it was a blast, and I'd do it all over again if I could.

Hope everybodies drive home on Sunday is safe.... (evil icy roads).

I'll post up pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than the gash in the sidewall of one of my tires (never went through... but better safe than sorry) and the spare that I replaced it with having to get dirt cleaned out of the bead. Nope... There are plenty of horror stories to come though; they'll probably start popping up late-afternoon tomorrow.

·
[duma]
1,123 Posts
I just got back and also had a great time despite the freezing cold and endless rain. The trails are not forgiving when wet as I nearly flipped my truck on Clyde's Ravine trail. Hopefully someone can post pics of it soon. My damages are pushed in the front passenger fender where opening the front door makes a popping noise cause it rubs the fender and flatten one tire. Thanks to Chris King and TTR crew for a great event!

·
Row Row Row your Boat
1,632 Posts
from what I understand, yesterday there was a lot of carnage. I heard that within the 1st hr after the drivers meet there were 7 or more trucks that were down or broken.
I guess I am glad that I spent the day working on my junk instead of wheeling then

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
TacoJumper said:
Just got into Austin from Gilmer, had a blast, although it was a bit cold and rainy; but in the long run it was a blast, and I'd do it all over again if I could.

Hope everybodies drive home on Sunday is safe.... (evil icy roads).

I'll post up pics tomorrow.

PICS! WE NEED PICS!! :D

Hope everyone makes it home safely.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Yup had a great time. Did quite a bit of wheeling when we got there on Friday and ran a couple of trails on Saturday before I snapped my CV axle. Also my elocker actuator went out so I'll probably be taking that off today and cleaning it up. And I walked away with a few scratches from trying to get up twister with my unknown open rear.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
:worthless

Enough said! :)

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Interex said:
Yup had a great time. Did quite a bit of wheeling when we got there on Friday and ran a couple of trails on Saturday before I snapped my CV axle. Also my elocker actuator went out so I'll probably be taking that off today and cleaning it up. And I walked away with a few scratches from trying to get up twister with my unknown open rear.

lol i dont know what it is about you xtra cab guys and twister sliders got used last i was there but walked up it without any damage 2 times.

xtra cabs just longer and hitting the bed?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ok, well wet weekend, I woke up in an inch of water sat. morning and slept in my truck last night. Had a fun time, the rain made the bunny trails even more interesting.

Damage, flopped on Clydes Ravine denting up my fender, door and bedside and broke a CV. Also got dirt stuck in the bead which would give me problems later. Yesterday I punctured a tire on desi way then after the bbq i headed back down desi way to LBT and lost the bead on my f'd up tire....so I had no spare and had to call for help. Otherwise fun trip.

Will post up pics when I get back to Beaumont

·
Registered
764 Posts
damn Adam!

C

·
0 Posts
Hey guys all made it back to Dallas safe and sound. :D

Had a great weekend and cant wait to hit the trail again.

If any of you Houston boys get any BS about staying in a Hotel from a TTR member, let me know. There were only 7 of us that stayed on the mountain Saturday night... Everyone else high tailed it to Gilmer.

Those of us that stayed in camp had a great time!! :camping:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
19 Participants
Valkyrie
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing