TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased a 07 prerunner with a 2.7L and a 5spd trans with 3,000miles.Its my first and only Tayota. The first thing that i noticed was that when i shift gears(in all gears) no matter when or how but it feels like the shifter catches on something. The other thing is that when i floor it it feels like the engine doesnt know what to do. Ive test driven other 4 cyls and the one in this truck feels different. Im wondering if someone out there feels the same shit.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
Its a truck, the tranny isnt seamless as it isnt made for quick, sporty shifts. As for your other problem try downshifting.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
with the info you gave... I'm gonna have to agree with Colin...

Try a lower gear when you decide to floor it, and ease up on your shifts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know its a truck and like i said (no matter how i drive it) including light throttleand giving the geartrain in the trans enough time to neutral out when i apply the clutch and shift gears. my dad owns a 86 toyota pickup and his piece of shit feels better. i was just wondering if it was normal for the model of tranny. for the engine i think that the computer is relearning it self by the way i drive it, it feels alot better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts