TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Ok, after a week or more of reading, surfing, headaches, and discussing $$ with the wife, I have come up with a plan, any sagely advice, and life experience welcome. Currently a stock 07 taco, v6, 6spd man, sr5, nor rear locker :(
FRONT:
OME 886 coils ($145.90/pr), OME shocks ($287/pr) for ~ 2.25 "
REAR:
OME leafs ($395.00/pr), OME shocks ($161.00), Ubolts & Bushings ($50.00)
for ~ 2.5"
Extras:
Drive shaft drop and rear axle degree shims ($35.00 @toytec), sliders from all pro off road ($400.00)

1) After reading articles it sounds as if the dif drop not needed y/n?
2) OME 886 made for bull bar/winch... with that mod in its future, for now less sag/increased lift (stiff ride i know), comments?
3) is an upper control arm needed (i know it helps w alignment) ?
4) should lengthier break lines be installed?
5) 285/75/16 ?
For a moderate off roader/explorer this fits my budget and, i don't think, will be a bad DD. Input/advice ?
Thanx
:welder: Nathan

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Extended brake lines probably aren't neccessary, but i would get them just to be safe, i mean you never know. I like the sounds of your setup you plan to run. But trail gear sells sliders for your truck for 250. so you can save lots o money. plus free shipping. Fuck all the TG haters. My stuff works great and im glad i saved money.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You can save money and just use a 1.5 inch spacer between the brake line brackets. Front diff drop is a no, doesn't do shit for you and make the front driveline vibe.Yes on the UCA, helps with the alignment and it doesn't hit the coil spring at full droop like the stock arm does.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've got the same package. Threw the carrier bearing drop spacer in, ten minutes on the alignment rack, and I was good to go. No UCAs, degree shims or extended brake lines were necessary. Might have to extend/mod the lines if I remove the overloads. You'd have to drive my truck to believe how sweet it rides and handles. Trial-fitted 285s and it was a no-go with stock alloys.

You're making a good choice.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I've got a similar setup too - with the 885's up front. 886's are the right choice if you plan on adding anything heavy to the front end. Matching the OME shocks with the springs is good move. Brake line extensions not necessary, although a good idea now or in the near future. I've got the rear shims installed, and have a bit of driveline vib. I have the carrier bearing drop in my garage, but haven't tried it yet.

33" is doable with aftermarket rims (or wheel spacers) and some trimming of the plastic. With stock rims, you'll do more rubbing of suspension parts.

As far as the DD goes, mine rides better with the OME setup than it did with the TRD parts.:2cents:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for all the input! How will using OME AAL compare to new springs? I have heard that blocks and AAL still sag and cause rotation of the rear axle, any experience with this? I am sure I am going to go with the new springs, do it right the first time, save time and $$, but want to keep options open. Also, for the future, looking at the ARB air locker, any experience or advice. I pondered briefly using CO2, not good for the bellows, and then thought it would be nice to have the compressor there for tires too.
:xusflag: :welder:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts