TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an 07 tacoma double cab sport 4x4, i want to add a new exhaust sytem and headers. What should i get.

·
Registered
215 Posts
JBA headers and just cut off the old muffler out n weld a new flowmaster, magnaflow, borla, gibson, cherry bomb, or whatever else there is...and add a turndown....or maybe go to the bottom of the page and look at the similar threads....hmmm?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've heard headers on these trucks don't make that much of a difference. I'd be skepitical of spending that much money on some and them not do much good. JMO though.
theres gotta be some kinda difference...look at the factory manifolds and look at headers...if nothing its helps the motor breath easier...and it would other modifications that much more responsive...my :2cents:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Adding headers and less restrictive exhaust on a NA motor is all about two things: scavenging and flow. If the header scavenges well, it helps performance, period. The biggest benefit is during the valve overlap phase. The scavenging effect helps to draw additional spent exhaust out of the cylinder and new intake charge in. In a moderate HP engine like the taco V6, scavenging is a higher priority than flow, unless the engine is supercharged, then it's a different game. I'm not saying exhaust flow isn't important, because scavenging and flow do go hand in hand to a certain point, it's just not the highest priority in a moderate HP engine. :2cents:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts