TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing a Tranny Cooler on my 07 V6 and I need to know which is the inlet and the exit line running into my radiator. I want to install the cooler after the radiator and I can't find any info on which is which. They are both on the drivers side on my Truck.

·
Registered
952 Posts
crank the truck for a sec or 2 and see. Just disconnect the coil wire or something. just dont let it run more than a sec or you will have a mess.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Im installing a Tranny Cooler on my 07 V6 and I need to know which is the inlet and the exit line running into my radiator. I want to install the cooler after the radiator and I can't find any info on which is which. They are both on the drivers side on my Truck.
I'd like to do the same to my truck but not anytime soon, maybe later when I buy a hitch for it. But anyways, I've heard these trannies are sealed. How are you going to put more ATF into it after installing the cooler?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'd like to do the same to my truck but not anytime soon, maybe later when I buy a hitch for it. But anyways, I've heard these trannies are sealed. How are you going to put more ATF into it after installing the cooler?
There is a fill plug on the drivers side pan rail, just behind the front DS. If I remember correctly it's a 9mm. I had to do mine when I changed out the fluid a few months ago. There is a factory procedure. PM me for the info if you are interested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found that the bottom line from the radiator is the outlet and the top is the inlet for those that might want to install one themselves.

As far as checking your fluid and refilling I found the correct info from a Toyota manual. I will list the link for that info. Also, the fill plug is on the passanger side behind the pan and is a 24mm bolt.

http://web.mac.com/jbryan/iWeb/Stuff/Tacoma_Trans_Fluid_Change_files/a040001-1.pdf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts