TTORA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If its like their other lifts it will be easy to install. It will require jack stands, jack, and a coil-spring compresser... and the required tools :D Oh yeah, a tq wrench is a must IMO.

If its your first susp install count on a day, to be safe. I have done a front in as little as 2 hours, and as much as 5. The rear wont be to hard at all.

·
Registered
764 Posts
damn. i think that truck on the right looks awesome.

·
Registered
587 Posts
That looks cool. But I would wait on the DR coilovers, i would not want to put spacers on my truck at all especially one as nice as the new tundras.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i agree, looks nice, but wait a little and put the $300 towards something that will improve the ride of the truck, not make it worse.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
That looks cool. But I would wait on the DR coilovers, i would not want to put spacers on my truck at all especially one as nice as the new tundras.
spacers are a perfectly good form of lift for many. That toytec lift incoorporates top plate and spring spacers, which I think makes for a better setup.

·
Registered
587 Posts
spacers are a perfectly good form of lift for many. That toytec lift incoorporates top plate and spring spacers, which I think makes for a better setup.
why spend 30+k on a truck and then try to go the cheapest way possible with a lift? Though some like the spacers I would never consider them for my rig.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
why spend 30+k on a truck and then try to go the cheapest way possible with a lift? Though some like the spacers I would never consider them for my rig.
so what your saying is spend 30K on a truck that comes with junk suspension?

The OEM suspension is fine for 99% of users, even those who do some pretty good wheeling. I have seen people use CO's, and personally dont want to run them. They loose adjust ability due to corrosion unless you clean them all the time, the are required to be rebuilt in fewer miles than OEM wears out in. And for all the money you still cant run any larger tire, so really whats the point. The spacers add travel and ride height, and, depending on amount lift, maintain the OEM ride, which in my book is pretty darn nice.

And yes its a cheap lift because it compliments your OEM suspension, which is not cheap.

I think a mild spacer lift is fine, I would never put more than 2" spacer lift on my truck, nor would I go higher than 2" if I owned CO's, its well beyond the point of negative returns.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the info guys!!! i trust the kit. and the toytec stuff doesnt void my war. i need to do some research on the others.. and speeking of that.....off i go. thanks again!

·
Registered
587 Posts
so what your saying is spend 30K on a truck that comes with junk suspension?

The OEM suspension is fine for 99% of users, even those who do some pretty good wheeling. I have seen people use CO's, and personally dont want to run them. They loose adjust ability due to corrosion unless you clean them all the time, the are required to be rebuilt in fewer miles than OEM wears out in. And for all the money you still cant run any larger tire, so really whats the point. The spacers add travel and ride height, and, depending on amount lift, maintain the OEM ride, which in my book is pretty darn nice.

And yes its a cheap lift because it compliments your OEM suspension, which is not cheap.

I think a mild spacer lift is fine, I would never put more than 2" spacer lift on my truck, nor would I go higher than 2" if I owned CO's, its well beyond the point of negative returns.

I'm not saying to get coilovers but I would at least wait till OME gets some lift springs out.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I'm not saying to get coilovers but I would at least wait till OME gets some lift springs out.
But your still saying the OEM suspension isnt worth keeping on a 30K truck?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i think it could use a small bit

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.