TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The New 07 Tundra Spotted. There was about 12 of them sitting in a parking lot on the east side of Knoxville just off I-75.
I think they looked pretty good, but I think Toyota needs to let us have one to hack up mrgreen.gif

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
daym they are sooo long

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Yeah, that's a big truck alright.

I hope they do well against the Fords and Dodges. that's a pretty tough market to try and break into.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think they will do well! We will just have to wait and see!

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I just wonder what kind of diesel they would use? In house? I would love to see a CAT motor...now that would sell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Dude said:
need to register.... copy and paste?
Referencing my post? If so

Yesterday I attended the N/G Tundra ride and drive at Qwest Events Center. We had an opportunity to drive not only the Tundra but all the other competitors as well. We were able to test the limits of the trucks on a track with 1000lb of water in the bed, then hooked to a 3500lb trailer, then no weight on a simulated "off road" course.
This is my observation:
07 Silverado 6L 1/2 ton 4x4: Pretty nice truck overall. Good power and handling. The fit and finish not bad and some room in the back seat. it felt a little "soft" on the road. Almost like it was not sure footed
07 Dodge Big Horn 12 ton 4x4 5.7 Hemi: UNDERPOWERED! Understeer in hard cornering and crap for brakes. Fairly comfortable drivers position and a fair amount of room in the back seat. I like the look of the current Dodge.
07 Nissan Titan 4x4: nice exhaust note, barren interior, no room in the back seat. Does not tow well, it felt like the trailer was steering the truck. Again.. very weak brakes.
07 Ford F150: After the first run on the track, I felt uncomfortable towing a trailer with this one. After I was done on the track, the brakes were so faded, the pedal nearly reached the floor. SEVERLY underpowered! (the Tundra can go 0-60-0 in the time it takes the F150 to get to 60). Severe Understeer, poor fit and finish, rattles with under 200 miles.
I can't wait to see the looks on peoples faces when they mash the throttle of the 5.7L Tundra... Toyota is releasing the official stats on January 8th.
On a side note for those interested in a powerful RWD... There will be a short bed, std cab, 2WD or 4WD, 5.7L Tundra and there will also be a TRD supercharger available in the near future. My guess is over 500hp in supercharged trim.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Banshee said:
There will be a short bed, std cab, 2WD or 4WD, 5.7L Tundra and there will also be a TRD supercharger available in the near future.

Yea, we have heard that one. When is the SC for the 4.0 going to be released?

Chris

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
18 Participants
dd_sr5
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing