TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this afternoon I was at toyota and dodge happens to be across the road. The salesman got to talking and they decided to take the tundra and the ram 1500 to the race track and see who win. Just for shits and giggles. One salesman wanted it to be tundra vs srt10 but thats not fare when srt10 costs soo bloody much more. So they used a 1500 hemi.

The tundra was a double cab trd with 5.7L

The dodge ram was 1500 double cab trx off road with 5.7L hemi

Both floored it. The dodge actually pulled a head off the start more taction i suppose with heavier cab.
But as soon as the tundra hit second and stretched through the gear it flew passed the hemi and that was that.

They video taped it and soon as i get my hands on it Ill post. Prolly be tomorrow some time.

Conclusion Tundra is faster then ram hemi

·
Registered
27 Posts
may have been another board, but i'd be careful posting things like this can get some people all fired up cause they hate to hear that brand new cars are 'abused' like this. anyway, i smoked an f250 harley davidson diesel truck the other day, just kept pulling away from like 20mph to 100. guy was giving me all kinds of weird looks then wanted to race from the next light, i couldnt resist. he never pulled back up next to me and looked at my truck after he lost lol.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
gotta love that, now i really want one, i drove a dodge hemi sport at work once and thought it was awesome.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thats great and all that the Tundra beats out Dodge, Ford Diesel, etc. on drag races, but put 17,000lbs behind the tundra and its a whole other story.(i know its only rated for 10k) And seriously, Im awfully glad to know that salesmen at dealerships are beating up brand new trucks before they even go off the lot.

You cant compare a gas engine to a diesel engine either . . . apples and oranges. Unless a diesel engine is boosted and has all the aftermarket shit, most all V8 gas engines (newer ones, Toyota, Nissan, Dodge,) will beat a diesel off the line. A diesel truck is far different from gas engines when they are stock.

But hey, thats great that the Tundra kicked everyones ass of the line. Shows it has some real power behind it!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Portman said:
You cant compare a gas engine to a diesel engine either . . . apples and oranges. Unless a diesel engine is boosted and has all the aftermarket shit, most all V8 gas engines (newer ones, Toyota, Nissan, Dodge,) will beat a diesel off the line. A diesel truck is far different from gas engines when they are stock.
Are you sure? I had a good friend with a 03 cummins double cab long bed that would walk away from vets and cobras.....it was stock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts