TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I just picked up a 2009 Double Cab TRD Off-road Tacoma in Magnetic Gray Metallic a few months ago. I've been learning about my new toy over on tacomaworld, and was just turned onto this site by Lysmachia. It's my 3rd Toyota, and replaced a 1998 4Runner. I haven't done too much to it yet, other than add a Snugtop topper, some HID's, and remove a few badges and the stickers. I did just order a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler which I'll have welded on next week, and hope to get the new Toytec ultimate coilover lift package and and some 285's soon... of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg, but my wife doesn't need to know that yet :D Look forward to contributing here. Here are a few pics of my truck, basically stock:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Nice rig! Welcome. I saw ARB post up on ExPo two 2005+ Tacoma front bumpers (slightly blemished) - one was $550 and the other $600. No time like the present to start with the trail protection package...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Welcome to Cottora! At the very tip of that "Iceberg", consider swapping out those bfg rugged trails for a good MT tire.;)

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Lol...I thought the same kinda looking at the name.... But this guy knows how to formulate an intelligent sentence... Couldn't be.. :rofl:

Welcome to TTORA. Great looking truck. I really like that color.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I'm not eCOre, just a Tacoma owner in Eagle County. The Tacoma is currently my everyday driver, so I probably won't get too carried away with armoring it just yet, but it is pretty much paid for, and I have every intention of keeping it for a really long time, so eventually I'd like to.

·
20,355 Posts
If you plan on wheeling it i would suggest sliders and skids. Neither will take away from your daily driving ability and both will save your ass often on even easier trails.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you plan on wheeling it i would suggest sliders and skids. Neither will take away from your daily driving ability and both will save your ass often on even easier trails.
I understand, but at this point, the wife is ok with me lifting the truck... one thing at a time :D

·
20,355 Posts
Gotcha. You will quickly learn though lift wont get you any more places. Lockers(traction) Tires(traction/clearance under diffs) and armor(less fear of body damage} Are the mods that allow you to do more exploring.

I of course lifted first also though:cool:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Hey there! Glad you joined up. Don't worry these are just suggestions and it really sounds like you know what you want.

Also when you are ready to order the ToyTec lift email [email protected], or PM me. He is the rep for Colorado and can get you all set up!

Oh and welcome!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I understand, but at this point, the wife is ok with me lifting the truck... one thing at a time :D
Welcome, good to have you here.

I lifted my truck first also, but that's cause no one was making any skids for the new (05+) Tacoma yet. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Welcome. And I too lifted my 07 first. But the next thing on it was the Slee Sliders. I have already had some close calls and am really thankful for the armor. Next is a bit more armor on the underside and someday bumpers. I want to hear about how your exhaust helps with breathing. I am considering a custom Cat back rerouted to eliminate the hang up spot on the under side. 00regcab has a great guy for mufflers out in Brighten I hear.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Hey there! Glad you joined up. Don't worry these are just suggestions and it really sounds like you know what you want.

Also when you are ready to order the ToyTec lift email [email protected], or PM me. He is the rep for Colorado and can get you all set up!

Oh and welcome!
And tell them you know Don (TiSilverFJ) :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts