TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok......title says it all......Will it work?.....Anyone done it?....

This is on a 99 Reg cab....

Basically, my current 31x10.5 SSR's on stock Taco rims wont pass inspection....
My inspection runs out in a little over a month, and I CANNOT afford tires (even good used ones) at this time....

I have a set of Buckshots PR78-15's on 88 SR5 steel rims that are on my 80 mini....

I know the rims/tires will fit the rear for DD use.....I know they wont fit the front due to backspacing.....Thats why I was wondering if I could get by using the 1.5" spacers I have on the 80 with them, for DD use...

Any opinions or info appreciated... :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
synovus said:
I'm confused... why won't it pass inspection with 31's? That's a stock size tire.
Sorry....
The center lugs are worn down to, or just about to, the wear bars, so they wont pass safety inspection...

Doesnt matter that theres still a good 1/3"- 1/2" left on the outer lugs.... :(

I know either they will fit, or wont.....

I guess what I'm really asking, is if they DO fit using the 1.5" wheel spacers, will I run into problems from combining these with the 2.5" coil spacers.....???
I know the coil spacers already push the CVs, boots, and tie rod ends to their limits....Just wondering if adding the wheel spacers will complicate things even more....

At least the Buckshots are only about a 9.5" width, compared to my 10.5"s....so I guess that might make up for most of the added wheel spacer width?....

·
Registered
787 Posts
How will you afford the spacer if you cannot afford 2 tires? I would try borrowing some tires from a nother member/friend. I wouldn't want to buy spacers for just that and then not used them. Your front end should handle but it depends on the truck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already have the wheel spacers.... :)
I'm using them with the stock sr5 rims and Buckshots on my 80 mini....

Thats why I'm asking....If they will work, I can get the Taco inspected and have decent treads to last me through a couple of months of snow here in Western NY.....FOR FREE..... :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ok well simple fix what about take the tires off the 88 rims and putting them on the taco rims. It shouldnt cost but about 40 bucks. Take the 31x10.50's ssr's and put them on the 88 rims or just leave them in the yard and get your inspection sticker then reverse the process after you get the sticker. You dont have any buddies who will let borrow some tires. You must not be in the south I have three and a half sets of tires for one truck. Hope you get it straightened out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts