TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I searched, honestly....

I put my roger brown body lift on yesterday (well the cab so far)

I tried to use his included front bumper brackets. When I unbolt the bumper, I can't lift because the bottom plastic piece is hitting the "bumper" behind the bumper. Am I supposed to cut the plastic bumper (ALOT of cutting) or am I missing something :confused:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Are you talking about the metal piece that is behind the plastic part of the bumper. I think its some sort of protection for the front end. I just removed the metal piece because I ran into the same problem. Do you have a picture of it, so I can tell if were talking about the same piece

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about :)

Yes, you will have to cut the very bottom plastic section of your bumper a little bit. Just take your time and cut only what you need to clearance it. If the "real" bumper is a little rusty just rattlecan it black and you'll hardly be able to tell it's there.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unfortunatly and halfassed as it is, I need to drive it this week with the front bumper and cab body lifted. Bed needs to wait. I need to cut two of the bolts off for the back bolts for the bed. They're rusted bad, and I can't break them loose after a can of pb blaster and the breaker bar.... Pics when the bed is done... you can barely notice it with it only being 1" unless you're looking at the body lines, you'd never notice it... I'll just leave it dirty till I finish it next weekened

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Hope it's only the two rear bolts yer planning to hack off... The others would not be a good idea...

I say more blaster... coupla' more days of soaking them...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
time for an impact wrench, rust is no match for those.....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didnt cut the bumper, I pulled that bar off the end of the frame and bolted it all back on... As for the back bolts, you can't get to them with an impact. I have to take my hitch off just to get to them because the bolts that hold the hitch on limit you to a 3/8 ratchet or breaker bar.... I need to take the hitch off (not fun) to get my big boy 1/2" breaker with extra pipe to break them loose.... It's very tight up there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts