TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinkin of a roger brown 1" body lift and was wondering if anyone could post a pic if they had a 1" body lift with and arb front bumper, i just want to see if i like that little gap i know its not much but i dont want to do it and not like it, thanks

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Im doing a 1" b/c everytime I bash my ARB (I dont try to) on a rock it pushes into my fenders and bends them. Im not wild about body lifts or the gap, but a 1" will bo ok, it will alleviate the bumper problem and give me a lil extra room to clock the tcase when I get around to that.

So I guess what Im saying is, Ive seen the exact picture youre asking for, in person. Its not bad and the issues it will alleviate will be well worth the small gap. :2cents:

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
See how I "had" no gap below? I say that because its been knocked out of alignment since then and I have yet to realign it. Anyhoo, ARB recommends a 22mm gap equivalent ot about 9/16ths of an inch. So if you put on the 1" lift, you should be able to eliminate some of that gap through the ARB's adjustability.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah that is true, i didnt think the gap would be that bad, what about the headlights i am assuming they dont look to bad and dont shine into the back of the grille protection, it would help me cause it would help clear sliders, i was goin to clock the case as well in the near future, its an on going list of mods, i knock somethin off the list of stuff i want to do, then come on this damn site only to see somethin and go ooo that would be nice :lmao: but its just too fun wheelin to give up now :D

·
Registered
73 Posts
1" body lift w/ARB

Backwoodsboy said:
i was thinkin of a roger brown 1" body lift and was wondering if anyone could post a pic if they had a 1" body lift with and arb front bumper, i just want to see if i like that little gap i know its not much but i dont want to do it and not like it, thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
humm, i amnot sure if i like it or not.

·
Registered
531 Posts
My rig has a 2" body lift and an ARB. No gap. . . . But that's because AJ (bentup.com) fabricated mounts for it to sit up against the body. See the pics in my sig if you'd like. . . .

But to be honest, I wish I got rid of the body lift before I had the bumpers mounted. I'm gonna lose the body lift soon. . . .

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Revivalist said:
My rig has a 2" body lift and an ARB. No gap. . . . But that's because AJ (bentup.com) fabricated mounts for it to sit up again the body. See the pics in my sig if you'd like. . . .
very nice truck man, i think i am goin to go with the body lift, just an inch isnt to much and it will help gain the clearense i need for my sliders, and 33's when i get my next set of tires, and i am gettin a wrap around bumper made for a truck with two in body lift that i am goin to modify and it might be easier and stronger only haveing to modify it about an inch, thanks for yall's help much appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
Backwoodsboy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing