TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone ,I have been lookin from time to time about 1" body lifts and all i have found are 2" & 3" bL. Yes i have used the search button and all with not much info & I was also wondering if i have to use a adaptor block/ part with the steering column & 1" BL. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
4crawler off road is where i got mine, took me and a buddy about 5-6 hours to install.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm not talking about stacking them! One will give you pretty close to an inch. They are just as stout as a poly block commonly found in a BL kit. It's just not a "bolt-on" average-every-day-joe affair. You'll have to drill holes in them.... ;)

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
Hockey Pucks.
I'm not talking about stacking them! One will give you pretty close to an inch. They are just as stout as a poly block commonly found in a BL kit. It's just not a "bolt-on" average-every-day-joe affair. You'll have to drill holes in them.... ;)
Your an idiot.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Your an idiot.
X's one billion
and i raise you one more billion good sir!

and to not be a post whore.. Go with 4Crawler. Roger makes AWESOME kits and they are fairly priced. They come with everything you will need including labels that identify where things go. I just ordered my 2" yesterday from him.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Gosh, I haven't been called an idiot in a long time, well since my last post!
I'm only 13; cant drive yet, my mommy says when I outgrow my tonka truck she's gonna' buy me a battery powered jeep :)
Thanks Fellas :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Gosh, I haven't been called an idiot in a long time, well since my last post!
I'm only 13; cant drive yet, my mommy says when I outgrow my tonka truck she's gonna' buy me a battery powered jeep :)
Thanks Fellas :rolleyes:
pics of ur mom or im calling bs on this story. does she have big:boobies: cause i like:boobies:just seeing:boobies:makes me :D

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Can anyone direct me to a thread showing what all has to be moved/extended/added/whatever when installed a 1" BL? Thanks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Can anyone direct me to a thread showing what all has to be moved/extended/added/whatever when installed a 1" BL? Thanks.
Correct me if im wrong, but for a 1'' BL you dont really need to move or extend much. Logan helped me put a 1'' on my truck and the shifter dropped a little and one of the guards or whatever in the wheel well ripped off. You have to extend the steering mount but 4crawler gives you a spacer to do that with. Thats about it. Although, with a 2'' BL it would probably get a lot more difficult than that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Correct me if im wrong, but for a 1'' BL you dont really need to move or extend much. Logan helped me put a 1'' on my truck and the shifter dropped a little and one of the guards or whatever in the wheel well ripped off. You have to extend the steering mount but 4crawler gives you a spacer to do that with. Thats about it. Although, with a 2'' BL it would probably get a lot more difficult than that.
youre right about the 1 inch. you wont need to move anything

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
This shows the install http://www.parksoffroad.com/tacomamods/rb1inchbl/rb1bl.htm , and the 4crawler site has all the info needed.

Beside the body lift it self you need to install the steering spacer and remove the lower part of the fan shroud. The gas filler tube can be adjusted up and the bumpers. I only raised the front using the suplied hardware but havnt messed with the rear yet. The stock fender shields need to be delt with too, you can just remove the lower clips and let them flap, remove them completly or make new ones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed a 1''body lift on my tacoma. Went with 4crawler's. Maybe 4-5 hours for the install by myself. Not too hard to do, and the steering spacer is maybe the hardest part in the whole operation.

There is a good tutorial posted on here somewhere, and will give you a pretty good idea what you are getting in to.

Lessons learned from my install-

You do not need to remove the interior as shown for the dbl cab.

A hi-lift jack works well for the bed. Just use a bottle jack w/ a block of wood for the cab on top of the tire in the wheel well.

Overall a great product and an inexpensive mild lift for the price.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts