TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a 1" BL (Roger Brown) installed on their T100? If so would you have any pics? Also, (for those with the kit) would you happen to have the dimensions on the new bolts used in the kit? Thank you very much for the help in advance.

P.S.--- another small question: For those running 33x10.50 R15's on stock enkei wheels (pic attached) and also the 1.5" BJ spacers, are wheel spacers needed?! Ive been trying to determine this for some time but have had no luck! Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
I had to run the 1/4" wheel spacers with the 1.5" BJ spacers, the tires almost rubbed the upper arm. No body lift (ditch the body lift) it's really not needed on the T100's.

I cranked the torsion bars till it rode like ass, then backed them off till I found a happy medium.
The fender is trimmed/cut and rolled back from where the side moulding to the bottom (2" at the bottom, measured back from the door)

You will see the two bolts that hold the bottom of the fender. that's how far I cut and rolled the edge of the fender.

BFH the pinch welds..

16" FJ trail team wheels 4 something B/S with nitto terra grapplers 285-75-16's

·
Registered
819 Posts
I had to run the 1/4" wheel spacers with the 1.5" BJ spacers, the tires almost rubbed the upper arm. No body lift (ditch the body lift) it's really not needed on the T100's.

I cranked the torsion bars till it rode like ass, then backed them off till I found a happy medium.
The fender is trimmed/cut and rolled back from where the side moulding to the bottom (2" at the bottom, measured back from the door)

You will see the two bolts that hold the bottom of the fender. that's how far I cut and rolled the edge of the fender.

BFH the pinch welds..

16" FJ trail team wheels 4 something B/S with nitto terra grapplers 285-75-16's

Cool truck!

We run a custom solid mount 1 inch lift on our 98' 4-Runner. But we have long travel and it sends the tires up to full bump a lot. We are running 33 inch tires and we used F-911 3/4 inch bolts for the 4130 body lift incorporated into the roll cage.
For the most part, body lifts are not that great of an idea... Raises the center of gravity. So if you can cut and bend over first, that is what you should do if you can.
As for the wheels, you just need an 1/8 clearance on your wheels from brakes and other parts. (NOT brakes lines!) So it is easy to check. :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
agreed i run 285-75-16 with 1.5 bj spacer and slightly turned torsion bars it rides decent and clears the tires at full lock/ stuff but a BFH is needed on pinch welds

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So for those of you who ARE using a 1" Roger Brown Body Lift, do you have the dimensions for the bolts used? I found some 1" BL blocks for a very good price, but need to order some bolts that will be the right length and diameter etc. Also are you using any other parts for the BL other than the radiator drop brackets? Thanks for your replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts