TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Johnny park run was short and pleasant, just a nice sunday afternoon run in the hills. When we got done we were looking for other things to do and decided to make our way up north by taking Pierson Park up towards Estes, and then on to Storm Mt.

Like Ike said, all we had was my cel phone for pix, but honestly, there wasn't much to take pix of till we ran up Storm Mt.

There is still some Aspen peepin to be done, this shot looked MUCH better in person. The fire damage from years ago really wiped out the woods up there, but right in the middle of the nothing was this big patch of fire red aspens. Cel phone pic sucks, but you get the idea.

some more aspen colors...

Nice view from top of Storm Mt.

Nate (no not that nate, the other one :) )taking a fun line up some ledges

·
Registered
661 Posts
thanks for the pics. fun run

·
7,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesnt do the ledge justice at all
did you expect anything different? Might be the photographer, might be the equipment, might just be the media... but I cant' recall ever seeing a pic of something on the trail that even comes close to what it was really like.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
God ask Troy. I go nuts over Red aspens. They are super rare though, but damned they are my FAV! Great pics guys. Sorry we missed ya!

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
that looks like fun! I need to get a single day off and wheel again...at all. i love that campsite on top of storm. nothin like waking up to the sunrise over the plains from there!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Talking about Jay. I called him saturday afternoon because estes was a cluster and I needed to know if there was a quicker way across town as i was running late for a wedding. Made it on time though. Damn Elk Bugling festival.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts