TTORA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i found a taco pretty local, dunno if i should offer on it. Guy wants 10,500 for it. It's a 99 4wd, TRD, 3.4L, 5spd, pw, pl, All stock, Has 146K. One owner has used full synthetic fluids in motor, tranny, and diffs. Is in near perfect shape. I've read about the 3.4's lasting for 250k. Does this seem worth it to you guys? Anyone have an opinion? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
offer 9k

·
Registered
460 Posts
i found a taco pretty local, dunno if i should offer on it. Guy wants 10,500 for it. It's a 99 4wd, TRD, 3.4L, 5spd, pw, pl, All stock, Has 146K. One owner has used full synthetic fluids in motor, tranny, and diffs. Is in near perfect shape. I've read about the 3.4's lasting for 250k. Does this seem worth it to you guys? Anyone have an opinion? Any input is appreciated.
check out the online car appraisers. edmunds, and kelly blue book are two that come to mind real quick.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
KBB says 9K and NADA says 11K. It's difficult to get guys to go down here cuz they're in such high demand that people will pay over book value. SHould i be concerned with the mileage?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I recently paid 12,ooo for mine it's a 99 4wd trd ext cab TRD Supercharger, 89,000 miles 3 inch lift 1.5 suspension lift w/33 bfg muds on nice rims. If it helps

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think my biggest concern is the mileage. last truck i had was a GMC (blaaa!) w about 150K that started smoking shortly after and i had a hell of a time selling it for not much.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
About a year ago i bought my 99 Taco for right around 10 grand i believe. ~103k on the odo. Its V6 4x4 5sp no power anything, not TRD, but did come with a set of new street tires on stock rims and some brand new mud tires/ alloy wheels.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I would not be concerned about the milage. I got rid of my '96 with 150k on it and it was still running as strong as the day I bought it.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Seems a little high to me I would offer him 8.5 or 9k and then work my way up. But I couldn't pay over 10k for it myself.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll see what i can do about the price, It's actually an ebay auction that just so happens to be an hour away from me. the 10500 is his buy it now and there's a reserve on it as well. Maybe i can try to wait it out to see if it'll go for less. Sound like 10k is too much to pay for this high of mileage from what some of you are saying.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I paid $8500 for my 2000 tacoma ext. cab V6 TRD prerunner power everything but power mirrors. This was in 2004. From a Toyota dealership.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I paid $10,500 for my '98 xtra cab v6, 4x4, trd with 100,000 miles about two years ago, so that is a little high in my book. I would think you could at least talk him down to $9,000.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts