TTORA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Finally got around to pulling the front axle. Looks like I broke both front leaf spring pins, the outer flange on the hub, a few teeth on the ring gear, and both of the cv's on my longfields are a bit tight. Almost forgot I bent my highlift. Must of been one of the trees in my way. How do u get the pics to show so nice?

Attachments

The pic's that show full size and nice are not atatchments they are hosted on a photo sight.

Pull the inners out of the Long's and check the inner star for crack's in the spline's going into the ball race's. Every Long I broke the star was broken there, some at every ball.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Chris, either photobucket or flicker are popular, upload everything there and then bring the link over to here

You did good chris! You should of just dropped it at my place and I would of taken care of it for you. ;) then start a new rig

I'll work on my computer skills. Thanks Eric I'll look at them but I think they will end up being sent out to Bobbie either way. I'm gona call him tomorrow. And Andy Damian sent you something special in the mail today. You should come down and hang out at the beach while there is still some summer left. But you should wait until my parts arrive so I can put you to work.

What brand gears do you guys recommend?

Hum.... We would like to but it's not going to happen this year. We've got some trips planed already

I've got the new g2 gears. Mark said they set up good. And my local shop recomended them after a set of yukon's refused to set up right. In the past yukon's have been good

i've had good luck with what trail gear sells as far as gears go..:2cents:

I got a set of g2's but it is taking forever to get here. I ordered from Daves offroad. Ordered knuckle gusset kit from him as well and its missing the lower gusset:mad:

I also talker to bobby about the birfs going out he seems to think the axle housing is bent. It looks a little off but I think I got it back where it needs to be.

I got a high pinion for a land cruiser the other day so I'm gona order a rebuild kit and set of gears for it. I think I'm gona try East Coast Gear Supply. They sell Yukon and Nitro gears. I never heard of the Nitro ones so I'll prob go Yukon

I get most of my stuff from them and I usually don't have any problems with it. The only issue I had was with the hydro assist ram. But I should have expected it after all the stuff I heard about the ram leaking.

i've had good luck with what trail gear sells as far as gears go..:2cents:

Iirc Zuk at gearinstalls.com likes nitro gears. That would be good enough for me

I got a set of g2's but it is taking forever to get here. I ordered from Daves offroad. Ordered knuckle gusset kit from him as well and its missing the lower gusset:mad:

I also talker to bobby about the birfs going out he seems to think the axle housing is bent. It looks a little off but I think I got it back where it needs to be.

I got a high pinion for a land cruiser the other day so I'm gona order a rebuild kit and set of gears for it. I think I'm gona try East Coast Gear Supply. They sell Yukon and Nitro gears. I never heard of the Nitro ones so I'll prob go Yukon
i ordered stuff from east coast in the past and they sent me the wrong parts and then argued with me over the phone about what i had in my hand. they can suck it! ive been running a set of Trail Jizz gears in my crawler (back before i knew any better about TG parts) for 3 years with no problems. as long as they are set up right they should be fine :2cents:

I don't know why everyone bashes on TG so much, I've had nothing but good experiences with their products, i think the only thing that I needed to modify was their triple drilled flange by filing out the holes a little. Seeing as how everything on my rig that broke was because of a sketchy axle, i'm pretty satisfied with them, not to mention their no question asked warranty on damn near everything they sell. I'm not trying to make a sale, just sharing experience.

At the end of the day, steel is steel, and if it's going to break, then it's going to break. Rocks don't care if it was made in China, USA, or even Canada of all places, they'll bend it just the same.

At the end of the day, steel is steel, and if it's going to break, then it's going to break. Rocks don't care if it was made in China, USA, or even Canada of all places, they'll bend it just the same.
That made me chuckle.

That made me chuckle.
i do know the differences between the grades of steel though, guess i left that out.....

however,

At the time, I'd been up for 22 hours on duty and it seemed smart at the time. like I said, I know there's a difference in grades of steel, especially since we've dealt with machine gun pieces that got recalled because they had a Rockwell level of 8 instead of the required 30-something.

I'll be quiet now :(

i do know the differences between the grades of steel though, guess i left that out.....

however,
Ha. Not mocking you at all. Just when I read about rocks not caring where the metal was made...it all bends the same. It's true, It just made me laugh. Maybe I was drunk. :D

my entire 4runner is built on TG parts including my front 30 splines and hub gears.. i maintain it and it's reliable as hell. have never had a problem with their parts.. the only thing i have worn out is my front spring bushings and that has nothing to do with trail gear..:2cents:

i wheeled every weekend for a year and a half except in the middle of summer when i lived in arizona. we did some really hard trails and i put a lot of trail time on my truck and prettymuch everyone i went with had yotas. almost everything made by TG broke, bent or sucked in one way or another. it all just depends on how hard you wheel i guess. if you build a truck with all TG parts and dive it to work all the time it would be great. if you beat your truck on trails all the time you dont want trail gear parts in my opinion.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.