TTORA Forum banner

10th Annual NE Takeover

10K views 56 replies 14 participants last post by  Rodge 
#1 ·
Good day, impromptu trip for myself so missed the evening activities but good to see a lot of familiar faces and trucks out there!

Pretty eventful day, only did 3 trails total, Cemetery (+red loop), 22, and a black cut off of 1A I believe.
Group was Andy and I in my Runner, JT with his Daughter Addy, a new guy to us Daniel in a 86 Swaped 1st gen, and Killfoot with his son.
We headed straight to the south side and hit up Cemetery first.
Got to the red loop, where JT got himself STUCK, We got Daniel behind him to pull him out, but there was so much tension he broke a birf, lucky for us clean break and had a spare to get him going again!
Then we hit 22, where Killfoot (Chris) was taking one of the more fun lines, was getting denied, and then really denied when all we hear was pinion gear popping off the ring gear.
Got him winched out and then started heading back, hit the black off 1A and then played on the comp course a little.

Over all good day for us, good to see all of Toyotas out there!
Here are what I have and the link to my photo bucket of them!
http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz219/Yota-Boy/Rausch Creek 07-28-2012/

See less See more
#2 ·
You forgot JT got about 8" of air under his front tires on 22. I'm amazed nothing snapped! Also the white runner was a 85. We saw a Subaru on the south side too! Lifted with oversized tires and I believe sliders

We also realized more people need winches!

#3 ·
Nice pics. I really like that white 4Runner. Cool looking truck.

#4 ·
Had a great time, so did Addy. The trails were fun, Cemetery reminded me that I need to pay attention to what is ahead of me :D

Looks like I will be tearing into the suspension hear soon as it felt like I was just bouncing around way too much. I think the rear OME shocks finally gave up the ghost and the fronts probably are original to the truck with 200k on them :)

#6 ·
Yeah Bruce, when I get home I'll try to dig up a few pics of when I refinished them, I even got new center caps, which I dented one this weekend D'oh (not really stressed)

They are great though, the tires sit right where I need them and are wearing great imho thanks to them being 8" wide

#9 ·
What kind of drivetrain setup and diff gears is that navy rig running in that second link?

#8 ·
Bruce, they came out decent and work great:

#11 ·
Thanks JT. I was pretty impressed to see it crawl up that obstacle with little issues.

#12 ·
He's lock front and rear. That wasnt his first attempt, it took a few shots to get him up. People would be amazed what they can do if they tried. It always brings a smile watching someone do a new trail or obsticle.

Him and Pat(surftaco) ran with us Sat and did everything we did.

#13 ·
Hey guys...Daniel here, owner of the white 4Runner in the above pictures. Had a great time on Saturday and definitely loving the 4Runner. Looking forward to getting together with everyone again.

Here are some of the pictures I took:

#21 ·
Finally got around to pulling the front axle. Looks like I broke both front leaf spring pins, the outer flange on the hub, a few teeth on the ring gear, and both of the cv's on my longfields are a bit tight. Almost forgot I bent my highlift. Must of been one of the trees in my way. How do u get the pics to show so nice?

Attachments

#22 ·
The pic's that show full size and nice are not atatchments they are hosted on a photo sight.

Pull the inners out of the Long's and check the inner star for crack's in the spline's going into the ball race's. Every Long I broke the star was broken there, some at every ball.

#23 ·
Chris, either photobucket or flicker are popular, upload everything there and then bring the link over to here

#25 ·
I'll work on my computer skills. Thanks Eric I'll look at them but I think they will end up being sent out to Bobbie either way. I'm gona call him tomorrow. And Andy Damian sent you something special in the mail today. You should come down and hang out at the beach while there is still some summer left. But you should wait until my parts arrive so I can put you to work.

What brand gears do you guys recommend?

#26 ·
Hum.... We would like to but it's not going to happen this year. We've got some trips planed already

I've got the new g2 gears. Mark said they set up good. And my local shop recomended them after a set of yukon's refused to set up right. In the past yukon's have been good

#30 ·
I get most of my stuff from them and I usually don't have any problems with it. The only issue I had was with the hydro assist ram. But I should have expected it after all the stuff I heard about the ram leaking.

#29 ·
I got a set of g2's but it is taking forever to get here. I ordered from Daves offroad. Ordered knuckle gusset kit from him as well and its missing the lower gusset:mad:

I also talker to bobby about the birfs going out he seems to think the axle housing is bent. It looks a little off but I think I got it back where it needs to be.

I got a high pinion for a land cruiser the other day so I'm gona order a rebuild kit and set of gears for it. I think I'm gona try East Coast Gear Supply. They sell Yukon and Nitro gears. I never heard of the Nitro ones so I'll prob go Yukon

#32 ·
i ordered stuff from east coast in the past and they sent me the wrong parts and then argued with me over the phone about what i had in my hand. they can suck it! ive been running a set of Trail Jizz gears in my crawler (back before i knew any better about TG parts) for 3 years with no problems. as long as they are set up right they should be fine :2cents:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.